Preparing for the 2020-2021 Enterprise Learning and Performance Development Processes
First, I'd like to commend you all for the hard work and energy you have invested in supporting the University through the continued challenges we have faced this year.
Beyond responding to the ongoing challenges associated with COVID-19 and preparing for the return to campus this fall, we continue in our efforts to create the responsive, impactful and inclusive culture described in the Drexel 2030 Strategic Plan. The new and evolving enterprise learning and performance development processes are part of those efforts, and this message is designed to guide you through the concluding stages of those processes for the 2020-2021 cycle.
Beginning early in 2021, we introduced enterprise learning, which allows Drexel faculty and professional staff to complete required learning components gradually throughout the year, rather than all at once in the fall. It also creates space for additional learning about topics that are of broad interest and essential to Drexel’s success. I am pleased to report that the virtual roundtables offered as part of this initiative drew more than 1,000 participants.
All required enterprise learning online courses for the 2020-2021 year must be completed by November 1, 2021. These courses can be found on your transcript in Career Pathway, and the course name will begin with the prefix "COM." To access them:
- Log into DrexelOne.
- On the Employee tab, under the My Career channel, select Career Pathway.
- Scroll down to the channel labeled Your Transcript.
- Select Launch next to the course title.
You can find more information on enterprise learning on the Enterprise Learning page on the HR website.
We will continue with the performance development process, which focuses on promoting positive, strengths-based conversations between professional staff members and managers. Professional staff members and their managers will discuss accomplishments for the past year and focus on learning and growth for the 2021-2022 performance cycle.
To guide and support professional staff members and managers through the performance development process, Drexel Human Resources has provided information and resources, including a timeline, tools, tips, examples, and FAQs on the Performance Development website.
The performance development process will take place between September 22 and November 19. In the meantime, managers and professional staff members should take some preliminary steps:
- Managers should review the org charts for their teams to confirm that the reporting structures are accurately represented. You can access the org charts under the Manager Tools page on the HR website. If the reporting structure is inaccurate in the org chart software, it will also be inaccurate in Career Pathway when it is time to engage in performance development conversations.
- If you need to make changes to reporting relationships, please submit an Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) by September 15, 2021. See the HR website for instructions on completing an EPAF.
- Managers and professional staff members should prepare for their performance development conversations by reviewing achievements from 2020-2021 and identifying learning and growth steps for 2021-2022.
Faculty should refer to the July 20 communication from Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement and Undergraduate Affairs Erin McNamara Horvat or the Office of Faculty Advancement Website for more information on faculty reviews.
I fully expect that these steps toward a more developmental approach will create an environment of learning and growth for our outstanding professional staff as we co-create the future of Drexel University.