Drexel Family Association
The Drexel Family Association (DFA) intensifies and improves the student experience by providing parents and family members a network of support. The DFA serves as a connection to the University and provides parents and family members with communication, involvement, and development opportunities.
The DFA serve as ambassadors of Drexel. This occurs through event support and involvement, event planning, and social media presence. DFA members are stewards of Drexel University, and will work, as volunteers, to create an inclusive and engaging community for all parents and family members. To acheive it's mission, the DFA:
- Promotes and facilitates communication among parents and family members, to ensure that parents and family members have access to University information. Additionally, the DFA acts as a vehicle through which parents and family members can ask questions and communicate concerns. However, it is not the role of the DFA to amend or alter University policy.
- Provides opportunities for parents and family members to engage with the campus community by participating in campus events including, but not limited to Family Weekend, Admitted Students Days, Move In, and Commencement.
The Drexel Family Association is governed by the Executive Board which oversees the business and affairs of the DFA. Contact the DFA Chair by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kathryn Warlick
- Lisa Daughen (2016–2021)
- Diane Jablonowski (2015–2016)
- Brenda Wilkin (2013–2015)
- Jane Kuttner (2013)
- Robert Nanfro (2011, 2012)
- Mary Pat McDevitt (2010)
- Maria Sineri (2009)
- Diane Mattiford (2008)
- Charles Carfagno (2007)
- Lisa Andrejko, EdD (2006)
DFA Bylaws [PDF] approved as of March 2017
DFA Advisory Council
The DFA Advisory Council serves as an advisory committee to the Director of Special Events. The Director utilizes this group to gain parent and family member perspectives on campus issues and to support the Association's events.
Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in joining the DFA Advisory Council. We will contact you with information about getting more involved through the Family Association.
- February Meeting, February 10, 2021 [PDF]
- November Meeting, November 17, 2020 [PDF]
- August Meeting, August 4, 2020 [PDF]
- June Meeting, June 17, 2020 [PDF]
- January Meeting, January 20, 2020 [PDF]
- October Meeting, October 7, 2019 [PDF]
- August Meeting, August 21, 2019 [PDF]
- Move-In Day Information Table (September)
- Family Weekend Panel (November)
- Accepted Students Days Information Table and Parent Panel (February - May)
- Parent Summer Engagement Chats (May-September)
- Commencement (June)
Give to the Student Emergency Fund
The Drexel Family Association along with the Dean of Students has created a fund to support students in cases of temporary personal emergency such as family member death, medical emergency, emergency travel, natural disaster, or loss of housing (fire, flood, collapse, domestic violence, etc.). Please consider supporting this fund and our students
If you perfer to give by check, please make the check payable to "Drexel University" and mail it to P.O. Box 8215, Philadelphia, PA 19101. Please include "Student Emergency Fund" in the note area of the check.