DEA Controlled Substances

The Drug Enforcement Agency's (DEA) Office of Diversion Control regulates the purchase, storage and use of controlled substances under Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations Part 1300. The Office of Diversion Control requires individuals who purchase, store and handle controlled substances to be licensed with the DEA. Licensed individuals are solely responsible for complying with the regulation and can be criminally prosecuted for non-compliance. Contact EHRS for assistance in understanding the regulations.

Please visit the Pharmaceutical Waste section of this website to determine the best disposal option for DEA Controlled Substances. 


Contact Us


Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.