Resources and Career Services
New Graduate Guide
This New Graduate Guide was created just for you — our graduating seniors. Use it as a handbook to help you take advantage of all of the great opportunities the Alumni Association provides for you to stay involved with and connected to your fellow alumni and the University.
Steinbright Career Services for Graduating Seniors
The Steinbright Career Development Center offers a variety of tools, resources, and services for graduating seniors — including Handshake, a nationally recognized job search tool full of full-time positions for graduating students and recent alums.
Graduating students can schedule a meeting with the senior coordinator to discuss any of the following:
- Review your résumé, cover letter, or curriculum vitae
- Enhance your professional social media presence
- Improve your LinkedIn profile and guide you as you take networking to the next level
- Develop a job search strategy that will lead you to a great position
- Steer you toward the databases, search engines, and job search resources at your fingertips
- Illuminate the professional organizations that will tie you into your field
- Build on your existing interview skills
- Educate you on the best salary negotiation strategies
These one-on-one sessions can be conducted in person, over the phone, or via Skype and will take your job search to the next level.
Post-Graduation Public Service Programs
Want to spend a year or two after graduation making a difference in the country and/or world? Committing to full-time service and/or public service fellowships after graduating from college has grown increasingly popular. In fact, many of today's distinguished leaders in fields including politics, business, and journalism have completed such terms of service through national and international programs. Alumni of these programs not only gain the satisfaction of having contributed to the public good, but may leave with that edge needed to attain acceptance into lucrative grad programs and professional positions in their fields.
As these programs grow increasingly selective, let the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement support you in preparing for the application process. It's never too early to start! Visit the Lindy Center website or contact the Lindy Center at email@example.com for more information.