How to Apply
Admission is granted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates will be contacted by telephone as part of the admissions process. Upon review of the application, the Division of Pre-medical and Pre-health Programs retains the right to place the application under consideration for an alternate program that is more suited to the applicant's credentials.
Candidates for admission to the Interdisciplinary Health Sciences program must possess the following credentials:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution or an international equivalent
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50
- MCAT scores in the 20th to 50th percentile, or around the 50th percentile on the general GRE (DAT and OAT scores are accepted for pre-dental and pre-optometry applicant)
- Experience in health care and a demonstrated commitment to medicine or another health care profession
- Completion of the minimum science course requirements for admission into the health professional school of their choice, if applicable*
- Applications are welcomed from international students that have earned their bachelor's degree from Drexel University
*The standard prerequisite science courses for medical or other health professional schools are not part of the Interdisciplinary Health Sciences curriculum. Students who intend to apply to these schools should have completed that coursework prior to applying to the Interdisciplinary Health Sciences program.
Instructions for Applying Online
- Click on yellow "APPLY NOW" box on the right side of this page
- Login to "Returning User" or create a new account "First Time User"
- Click on "Start New Application" at the bottom of the page
- Select Application Type "Fall 2024–Summer 2025"
- Next, choose drop down menu option "2024–2025 Graduate"
- Click on "Create an Application" box
- Open Application
- All information in "Personal" must be completed first
- Then, go to "Application Information"
- For Academic Area of Interest choose "Medicine"
- For Program choose: "Interdisciplinary Health Science, MS" (IHS Program)
Applying to the Program
The application deadline is July 31, 2024.
As part of their application, prospective students will provide:
- Three letters of evaluation/recommendation. See submission details below.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended where coursework was attempted or taken. International transcripts have to be evaluated by a member of NACES.
- Personal Statement Essay:
The personal statement may be taken from a prior application to medical or other health professional schools. Use your personal statement as an opportunity to distinguish yourself from other applicants. Consider and write your personal statement carefully. Some questions you may want to consider while writing this essay are:
- Why have you selected the field of medicine or another health profession?
- What motivates you to learn more about medicine or another health profession?
- What do you want medical or other health professional schools to know about you that hasn't been disclosed in other sections of the application?
- In addition, you may wish to include information such as:
- Unique hardships, challenges, or obstacles that may have influenced your educational pursuits
- Commentary on significant fluctuations in your academic record that are not explained elsewhere in your application
- Application fee: $75 paid through the online application platform
- Standardized test scores (GRE school code is 2194)
- Please go to https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/ and release an official copy of your MCAT scores to our program "Drexel Medical Science Program"
Upload your résumé as part of your admission application or through the Discover Drexel portal after you submit your application.
- Completed online math science GPA calculation form. Please note, you will need to start your application before you can use the form.
Mailing Application Materials
Please send your application materials to:
P.O. Box 34789
Philadelphia, PA 19101
Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation/evaluation are required: two letters from hard science (biology, chemistry, physics) professors who have taught you and one non-science letter (this letter should be written by someone in a supervisory position such as PI, supervisor from a volunteer commitment, a non-science professor, etc.)
These letters of evaluation usually speak about the students academics, but a good letter also typically includes the writer's thoughts about the student as a whole. Does the student interact well with other students? Do they ask good questions? Did they seek out help when necessary, or if they knew the material especially well, did they offer to help other students?
Options for the submission of letters:
You have three different options for submitting your letters of recommendation. You can have a committee letter or letter packet sent by your undergraduate university, you can have a letter packet sent from your Interfolio account, or you will enter the email address of each of your letter writers within the application.
- Committee letter or letter packet sent from your undergraduate university: This letter will either be a pre-health committee letter or a collection of letters of recommendation/evaluation that your undergraduate university will collect and send as a packet. Please check off “Committee Letter” in your application for either of these. This packet can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interfolio: Interfolio accounts are set up by the applicant, not the letter writer. Interfolio is a letter collection service that many applicants use to compile and send their Letters of recommendation/evaluation. An Interfolio account is NOT required; we offer it as an option for those applicants who have an account. If you are sending your letters from an Interfolio account, please check off “Interfolio” in your application. You will not be required to enter each of your letter writers' names in your application when you choose this option.
- Enter your individual letter writer’s email addresses in your application: You will enter each of your letter writers' individual email addresses in your application. Once your application is submitted Drexel will send an email to each of the letter writers with instructions on how to upload their letter directly into your application.
You may submit more than the three required letters of recommendation/evaluation either electronically to email@example.com or mail to:
P.O. Box 34789
Philadelphia, PA 19101
Back to Top
Tuition for the Current Academic Year
Tuition information for the Interdisciplinary Health Sciences program is available on the Drexel Central website.
Financial Aid Information
Financial aid is available from many sources, such as the federal government and private organizations, or from the University itself. Financial aid may be in the form of loans, grants, scholarships or part-time employment. For information regarding financing your education, please visit Drexel Central.
Apply to the Interdisciplinary Health Sciences program
Back to Top