Biomedical Graduate Students for Diversity (BGSD)
Biomedical Graduate Students for Diversity (BGSD) provides a safe and inclusive environment for graduate students, research assistants, laboratory technicians and post-doctoral fellows within the Division of Biomedical Science Programs at Drexel University College of Medicine. Biomedical Graduate Students for Diversity was established to increase the sense of community, belonging and support that encompasses the intersectional experiences of diverse students and staff and their peers through open and honest conversation to discuss and promote diversity in all aspects of their experience.
Learn more about our founding story.
Biomedical Graduate Students for Diversity works closely with faculty to ensure that concrete steps are taken to:
- Increase diversity within the division and the graduate programs
- Foster a safe and welcoming environment for members of the division
- Provide appropriate resources for education, research, and outreach for diverse students and staff
Meet our leaders!
- General Body Meetings
- Topics will include our progress on the list of demands, outreach, and concrete steps towards the goals outlined by this group
- Semesterly Book Club
- We will discuss books pertinent to diversity in science
- Engage in conversations concerning diversity in science and medicine
- Hold leadership accountable for our list of demands
- Diversify seminar speakers
- Attend town halls and share information with our members
- Outreach events for elementary/high school/undergraduate students and the general public
- Collect and organize information from admissions and recruitment in order to advocate for the admission of students from historically excluded backgrounds
- Improve understanding of the incident reporting system
- Understand student satisfaction and current concerns
Back to Top