Open Enrollment Is Now Closed
Open Enrollment Period: Oct. 24–Nov. 15, 2022
Effective Date of Benefit Changes: Jan. 1, 2023
Changes made to your benefits during Open Enrollment will take effect on January 1, 2023. A confirmation statement was emailed to you. You can also obtain a copy of your confirmation statement by following the instructions below. Please review your confirmation statement for a summary of your benefit elections and to ensure accuracy.
- Log in to DrexelOne and select the Employee tab.
- Scroll down to the My Benefits heading on the left-hand side of the screen and select the link for “My Drexel Benefits,” which will directly connect you to your account in the My Drexel Benefits enrollment portal.
- On main page of enrollment portal, “Your Toolbox” is located on the right-hand side of the screen. Access your confirmation statement under the “Benefit Confirmation Statement/Saved Documents” section.
Here’s what you can expect from your employee benefits at the end of this year and the beginning of 2023.
- New Medical and Prescription Drug ID Card: By the end of December, members and their dependents will receive one ID card from IBX for both Medical and Prescription drug coverage. The new card will need to be presented to your local pharmacy and mail order pharmacy effective Jan. 1, 2023. Your current OptumRx will expire on Dec. 31, 2022.
- Medical Waiver: If you did not complete the waiver process during Open Enrollment for 2023, you have been enrolled in the POS (or PPO Basic for out of area) and premiums will be deducted from your paycheck, effective Jan. 1, 2023.
- Wellness Incentive Program: If you'd like to get a head start on the 2023 Wellness Incentive Program, there are new programs scheduled through the end of 2022 that will be applied in 2023. Learn more by visiting the Drexel Wellness Incentive Program web page.
- Flexible Spending Account: If you were enrolled in a Health Care and/or Dependent Care FSA in 2022 but took no action during the Open Enrollment window, you will have no paycheck contributions into these accounts come Jan. 1, 2023. Mid-year changes will only be allowed with a qualifying life event.
- MassMutual @work Whole Life Program: In January 2023, enrollment is relocating to the Dragon Perks platform, and premium payments will move from payroll deductions to direct bill. Current participants will be contacted directly with additional information.
- Enhanced Telemedicine Services: Teledermatology and Telebehavioral Health Services will now be available through MDLive at mdlive.com/ibx or 1.877.764.6605.
- SEPTA Key Advantage Program: The SEPTA Key Advantage Program has been extended through June 30, 2023. For complete details on eligibility and how to obtain and use your card, please review the SEPTA Key Advantage FAQs and How-to User Guide. Now, part-time, benefit-eligible employees can enroll in the program as well.
New Employees hired between now and December 1, 2022: Drexel’s benefit plan year runs from January 1 through December 31. As a new employee, you will be required to complete your new hire benefit enrollment for the remainder of 2022 plan year, in addition to your 2023 annual enrollment for benefits effective January 1, 2023. You will be offered two separate enrollment opportunities in the enrollment portal. Log in to DrexelOne and select the Employee tab. Scroll down to the My Benefits heading on the left-hand side of the screen and select the link for “My Drexel Benefits,” which will take you to the benefits enrollment portal. Next, click the “Enroll” button at the top of the page to complete your enrollment process.
New Employees hired on or after December 2, 2022: Your benefits will be effective January 1, 2023. You will only need to complete one enrollment for 2023. Please reference the 2023 New Hire Guide and New Hire Benefits Checklist below.
You have 31 days from your date of hire to complete your benefit enrollment. Please review the New Hire Benefits Guide and New Hire Benefits Checklist to learn more about your Drexel benefits, the enrollment process, and important deadlines.
Additional Open Enrollment resources are available below. Select each subheading for information about how to enroll, benefit plan summaries, 2023 benefit plan rates, virtual information sessions, and more!
Below are the medical, dental and vision rates for 2023. Select the rate sheet that applies to you based on whether you are an active employee or retiree, full-time or part-time, or paid on a monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly basis. The rates are also available in the My Drexel Benefits online enrollment portal.
Rates for life insurance and disability vary by employee based on your age, salary and election. You can view your specific rates within the My Drexel Benefits enrollment portal.
Active Employees and Retirees Under Age 65
Medical and Rx Highlights
Medical Plans Summary of Benefit and Coverage
Retirees Age 65 and Over
- Cigna Base Plan Summary [PDF]
- Cigna Wellness Plus Program [PDF]: Each year that you get your annual oral wellness exam, your calendar year benefit maximum will increase by $100 the following year. The calendar year benefit maximum for the Base Plan can increase up to $1,300 if you receive your wellness exam for three years in a row.
- The Preferred Plan [PDF] will cover adult orthodontia, and the plan's annual benefit maximum increased from $1,500 to $2,000.
- Cigna Wellness Plus Program [PDF]: Each year that you get your annual oral wellness exam, your calendar year benefit maximum will increase by $100 the following year. The calendar year benefit maximum for the Preferred Plan increases up to $2,300 if you receive your wellness exam for three years in a row.
Join us for a live virtual benefit information session, where you can listen to our experts speak and ask them questions. You must register in Career Pathway to receive a link to the Zoom session. Access Career Pathway using the link below. Next, click on the Events Calendar icon on the homepage, locate the event, and follow the instructions to register.
Access Career Pathway
If you can't make it to a session, don't worry! A PDF or PowerPoint of each presentation will be posted here after the session date. Click on the name of the session below to view the presentation PowerPoint or PDF version.
This session will provide a comprehensive overview of Drexel’s benefit offerings, including what’s new for 2023, enrollment information, and helpful reminders. Do not miss this opportunity to learn more about your benefit options!
|Oct. 25, 12–1 p.m.
New IBX Prescription Drug Plan
Changes are coming to Drexel’s prescription drug program for 2023. Join us for an informative session that covers key updates on the integrated prescription drug approach through Independence BCBS and find out how these changes will improve the overall member experience.
|Nov. 2, 12–1 p.m.
SEPTA Key Advantage Pilot Program
This webinar will summarize the extension of the SEPTA Key Advantage Pilot Program. Learn more about the eligible SEPTA modes of transportation and find out how you can be part of Drexel's ongoing commitment to improving sustainability practices at the University! Please note, eligible employees can enroll in this program at any time, not just during open enrollment.
|Nov. 8, 12–1 p.m.
The SEPTA Key Advantage Program has been extended through June 30, 2023! Under this program, full-time and part-time employees can obtain a SEPTA Key Card at no cost and ride for free on all SEPTA transit. For complete details on eligibility and how to obtain and use your card, please review the SEPTA Key Advantage FAQs and How-to User Guide.
Please note, eligible employees can enroll in this program at any time, not just during open enrollment.
For assistance with enrollment, contact the Drexel University Benefits Center, powered by benefitexpress, at 1.844.690.3992 or email@example.com. Representatives are available Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. ET.
The healthcare experts at Health Advocate can help you understand your coverage, explain your share of the costs (i.e. deductibles, copays, and coinsurance), locate in-network providers, and more. Call for a free consultation at 1.866.695.8622.
If you need additional assistance, contact the Drexel HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.