Graduate College Doctoral Fellowships (Blue & Gold)
Each year, the Graduate College offers, for open competition, a limited number of Graduate College Doctoral Fellowships that are designed to encourage the recruitment of highly qualified students for all of Drexel’s doctoral programs. Fellowships are awarded in two tiers:
- Gold Graduate College Fellows receive a sum of $10,000 distributed over two years in addition to the stipends offered to them by their program
- Blue Graduate College Fellows receive a sum of $4,000 distributed over two years in addition to the stipends offered to them by their program
2019 Nomination Details
2020 nominations will open by end of Fall 2019.
The Graduate College welcomes nominations from Associate Deans for Graduate Studies (ADGs) or their designees for students who have been admitted to a doctoral program, have yet to begin their program of study and who will enroll full-time. (If the student is beginning a master’s program, it must be a required precursor to the doctoral program. Please note this in the comments within the application.)
Nominations are reviewed on a rolling basis over three rounds with the following deadlines:
- Monday, January 7, 2019 by 5PM
- Monday, February 11, 2019 by 5PM
- Monday, March 11, 2019 by 5PM
Nominations must be submitted by the ADG or designee in each college/school via the Drexel Funding Portal (InfoReady). A complete nomination packet includes the following materials organized in a single PDF document:
- Cover Page: Include nominee's full name, program, college/school and ADG/designee and/or faculty nominator's name, title and email address
- Statement/Letter of Support: No more than 1-2 pages, written by the ADG or faculty nominator
- Nominee’s Transcripts
- Nominee’s Resume/CV
- Summary of Nominee's Scholarly, Research Achievements: No more than 1 page, indicates potential for impact
- List of Offers: A list of any other institutions from which the nominee has offers of admission, if possible
- Nominee's GRE/GMAT Scores, if applicable
- Nominee’s Letters of Recommendation, if applicable
- Other Supporting Documentation, if relevant and applicable
Graduate College fellows will receive the award over the first two years (or four years for LeBow students) of their program and are expected to fulfill the following requirements in order to retain their award.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
- Fulfill one of the following criteria by the end of the fall quarter of the second year (or third year for LeBow students);
- Apply for an external grant or fellowship (workshops and resources are available through the Center for Scholar Development and Fellowships Office);
- Significantly contribute to writing a grant proposal on behalf of the PI in your department;
- Win an external award for scholarly activity (e.g. best paper award); or
- Present at a Scholars Share session or contribute to an equivalent Graduate College program.
2019 Review Committee
If you have any questions regarding these Graduate College Doctoral Fellowships or would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.