The Snow Day
March 21, 2018
I am writing this blog post from the comfort of home…it’s a snow day and the University is closed. Snow days don’t happen all that often, so when they do, take advantage, and take the opportunity to reboot and relax.
To get the most out of your unexpected day off, you can reboot professionally and focus part of your day on any of the following:
- Get caught up on email
- Finish a project
- Start a project that has been looming over you
- Think about goals for the upcoming quarter
- Reflect on the first quarter of the year
To take advantage of the day to reboot and relax personally, you can:
- Sleep a little later
- Watch a movie or binge watch that show you’ve heard so much about
- Finish or start a home project you’ve been excited to start
- Catch up on your personal email
- Connect with an old friend on the phone
Whether you use your snow day as a mini-stay vacation, a time to get caught up, or a moment to reflect and then look forward, take a few minutes to admire Mother Nature. The quiet her storms can bring and the beauty that unfolds should be admired because it nourishes our souls, and that little bit of sustenance might be enough to get us through the next storm at work.
If you are on the East Coast – enjoy your snow day!
Anne Converse Willkomm
Assistant Clinical Professor
Department Head of Graduate Studies