How to Submit a Work Request
Submit work requests and check the status of a work order through WebTMA. Please follow the guidelines below on how to submit a work request (non-chargeable or chargeable).
General Maintenance Work Requests
General maintenance work requests (i.e., burnt out light bulbs, overflowing toilet, heating problems, etc.) are typically non-chargeable and can be submitted online through the following links:
University City Campus
Center City Campus
Queen Lane Campus
Please include a detailed description of the work you are requesting to be done, location, department name and contact information. You will receive a request number and then an email notification when your work request is converted into a work order.
Chargeable Work Requests
In order to submit chargeable work requests and request estimates online, every department must have a WebTMA account set up with University Facilities and Real Estate. To create an account, a department representative must complete a WebTMA Account Request Form [PDF] and scan it to email@example.com or fax 215.895.6754. Once the account has been created, the account holder may log in to WebTMA to submit their request. Account holders may also use their account to submit non-chargeable work requests.
Log in to WebTMA
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or review the frequently asked questions.
What's the Difference? Chargeable OR Non-chargeable Requests
General maintenance is typically non-chargeable (i.e., burnt out light bulbs, overflowing toilet, heating problems, etc.). Requests beyond the scope of general maintenance are likely chargeable and can include services such as transportation (deliveries/trips), non-contracted trash removal, campus moves, space renovations, signage, installation of equipment, event set-ups, special departmental projects, special event requests, renovations and other miscellaneous duties.
Maintenance Operations and Shops
Drexel's maintenance department is a full-service facility consisting of individual shops that specialize in all aspects of building maintenance. Maintenance shops and managerial offices are located in the General Services Building at 34th and Market Streets. Each shop specializes in individual areas of expertise and includes:
- Carpenter Shop - performs basic building interior repair to major renovation projects; including, ceiling and floor tile installation, mounting pictures and nameplates, custom wood working.
- Lock Shop - offers complete lock service from cutting keys to installing lock systems.
- Metal Shop - performs all types of metal fabrication including steel door unit, welding and handrail repairs.
- Plumbing Shop - performs drain cleaning, roof and area drain repairs, installing and maintaining safety shower and eyewash systems, identifying and addressing domestic water system cross connection and backflow issues, and installing and maintaining plumbing systems, lavatory and laboratory fixtures.
- Paint/Plaster Shop - provides interior and exterior painting and renovation projects, as well as furniture and frame refinishing.
- Electric Shop - provides building electrical system support (changing bulbs and new light fixtures) for routine building maintenance, renovation projects, and electric equipment installation.