Patient-care is a uniquely hazardous occupation. Clinical personal confront potential exposure to infectious diseases, chemical, physical, and radiological hazards. The safety of clinical personnel is of paramount importance to EHRS, which manages and responds to all issues and concerns that involves chemical, biological, radioactive, and physical hazards. EHRS works closely with other university departments to provide essential support to clinical personnel in an effort to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies and to create a safe working environment.
EH&S provides the following services to the clinical practice locations:
- Chemical safety information and assistance.
- Biological safety information and assistance.
- Laser safety information and assistance.
- Exposure monitoring.
- Spill response.
- Hazardous waste management.
- Clinical Practice inspections.
- Technical assistance regarding the proper selection of personal protection equipment.
Please contact EHRS if you have any questions or concerns.