Research safety is of paramount importance to EH&S, which manages and responds to all issues and concerns surrounding research that involves chemical, biological, radioactive and physical hazards. EH&S works closely with Drexel University's Office of Research and other university departments to provide essential support to research personnel in an effort to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies and to create a safe working environment that is conducive to learning and innovation.
EH&S provides the following services to the research unit:
- Chemical safety information and assistance.
- Biological safety information and assistance.
- Laser safety information and assistance.
- Exposure monitoring.
- Spill response.
- Hazardous waste management.
- Laboratory inspections.
- Technical assistance regarding the proper selection of personal protection equipment.
- Equipment certifications.
The Research Safety section of the EH&S website contains useful information relating to laboratory safety, including links to Laboratory Safety Manual, Chemical Hygiene Plan, Emergency Spill Response Plan, Chemical Fume Hoods and Biological Cabinets Procedures, Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan, and Hazardous Waste Management.