Real Estate and Facilities
Drexel University Real Estate and Facilities is responsible for planning, design and construction, plant operations, environmental health and safety, real estate, space management, and transportation services for Drexel University's three campuses: University City, Center City and Queen Lane.
Through development and oversight of design and construction guidelines, Real Estate and Facilities improves the aesthetic character and visual unity of Drexel's campuses while meeting academic programmable space needs. The department provides maintenance services as cost effectively as possible, while aiming to implement proven sustainable practices.
Real Estate and Facilities strives to support instruction and research, improve the quality of life, and enhance the public image of campus facilities while creating and sustaining an environment that will attract, keep and support the best and brightest students, faculty and professional staff.
Departments within Real Estate and Facilities include:
- Business Operations: Responsible for the department's strategic financial planning, financial guidance and personnel management. Also oversees budgeting of the capital construction master plan, which supports the University's overall strategy for academic success.
- Environmental Health and Safety: Recognizes, evaluates and controls health and safety risks at the University, responding to and managing the necessary cleanup of on-campus hazards. Also ensures health and safety compliance by assisting research, teaching and clinical departments in meeting all federal, state and local standards and regulations.
- Facilities Services: Maintains grounds and athletic sports facilities, manages the recycling program and sustainable waste initiatives, provides custodial services, provides preventative maintenance and ensures efficient and safe transportation services between Drexel's three campuses. Learn how to submit a maintenance work request.
- Planning, Design and Construction: Oversees all Drexel University new construction, renovations and design. Liaises with contractors, consultants and regulators as required. Facilitates the development and execution of the campus master plan and related initiatives.
- Real Estate: Manages Drexel University's real estate portfolio and conducts reviews, analyses and negotiations for all leased space requests and agreements.