Real Estate and Facilities
Drexel University Real Estate and Facilities is responsible for the planning, design and construction, plant operations, environmental health and safety, real estate and space management and transportation services for Drexel University's three campuses: University City, Center City and Queen Lane.
Through development and oversight of design and construction guidelines, Real Estate and Facilities improves the aesthetic character and visual unity of Drexel's campuses while meeting academic programmable space needs. The department provides maintenance services (cleaning, landscaping, utilities, conservation programs, safety and emergency response, preventive maintenance, waste removal, recycling, etc.) as cost effectively as possible, while aiming to implement proven sustainable practices. The Office of Lease Management manages the University's real estate portfolio and, in consultation with the Office of the General Counsel, reviews and recommends for approval all lease agreements.
Real Estate and Facilities strives to support instruction and research, improve the quality of life and enhance the public image of campus facilities while creating and sustaining an environment that will attract, keep and support the best and brightest students, faculty and professional staff.
Departments within Real Estate and Facilities include:
- Business Operations: Responsibilities include accounting, budget analysis, information technology, human resources, purchasing, procurement and administrative support services. In addition to strategic financial planning, financial guidance and personnel management, Business Operations also oversees the budgeting of the capital construction master plan, which supports the University's overall academic strategic plan.
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Facilities Management: Maintains grounds and athletic sports facilities, manages the recycling program and sustainable waste initiatives, provides custodial services, provides preventative maintenance and ensures efficient and safe transportation services between Drexel's three campuses.
- Planning, Design and Construction
- Real Estate and Lease Management: Responsible for the review, analysis and negotiation of all leased space requests, and in consultation with the Office of the General Counsel, the review and recommendation for approval of all lease agreements. Please see the Space Allocation and Renovation Policy and the Off-Campus Real Estate Leasing Workflow Table [PDF] for more information about University procedures pertaining to off-campus leases.