Master of Science in Business Information Technology
As technology continues to impact almost every industry, companies are increasingly in need of professionals with both business and information technology knowledge who can leverage technology to help solve problems and transform organizations. Drexel’s new Master of Science in Business Information Technology prepares students for work related to applying information technology in organizations, and specifically emphasizes how information technology is managed in an organizational environment.
MSBIT is an interdisciplinary master’s program offered beginning fall 2021 through Drexel’s LeBow College of Business and the College of Computing & Informatics (CCI). Students in the program benefit from a cross-cutting, market-responsive curriculum led by Drexel’s world-class business and technology faculty experts. Our stackable graduate certificate model is a flexible pathway that allows students to customize the program and gain expertise along the way.
Master's in Business Information Technology Program Features
- 15 course (45 credit) program
- Specialized courses offered through CCI and LeBow provide both practical technical and business knowledge
- Curriculum combines business and information technology perspectives to allow students to understand how information technology is applied in an organizational setting
- Students specialize their studies through the stackable certificate program structure. Certificates consist of five courses for a total of 15 credits. Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Information Technology and Management certificate in addition to two of the following four certificates: Digital Transformation; Information Systems Development; Information Technology Strategy & Execution; Organizational Security
- Designed for those who have either a technical or business background with relevant work experience to gain experience in information technology and management
Our MSBIT program is a 45 credit hour degree and can be completed:
- On Campus
Business Information Technology Course Requirements & Descriptions
15 courses total (45 credits):
- Required certificate (15 credits) in Information Technology & Management
- Students choose two of four additional certificates for focus area (30 credits total): Organizational Cybersecurity, Information Technology Strategy & Execution, Information Systems Development, Digital Transformation
Please visit Drexel's Graduate Catalog supplement [PDF] for MSBIT course requirements and a sample plan of study. To find out when courses are offered, please visit Drexel's Term Master Schedule.
MS in Business Information Technology Admissions Requirements
- A completed application.
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above.
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT.
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested.
- Essay/Statement of Purpose.
- Current résumé.
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Visit our Graduate Admissions section for application deadlines.
Customize Your Education with Our Business Information Technology Certificates
CCI and LeBow also offer a suite of graduate certificates to allow students to customize their education. Our modular, stackable certificates in Business Information Technology include:
For more information, please contact Matt Lechtenberg, College of Computing & Informatics’ director of recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kate Sonstein, LeBow College of Business’ associate director of graduate recruitment and admissions, email@example.com.