Drexel Family Association
The Drexel Family Association (DFA) intensifies and improves the student experience by providing parents and family members a network of support. The DFA serves as a connection to the University and provides parents and family members with communication, involvement, and development opportunities.
The purpose of the DFA is to serve as ambassadors of Drexel. This occurs through event support and involvement, event planning, and social media presence. DFA members are stewards of Drexel University, and will work, as volunteers, to create an inclusive and engaging community for all parents and family members.
The DFA promotes and facilitates communication among parents and family members, to ensure that parents and family members have access to University information. This occurs primarily through social media channels. Additionally, the DFA acts as a vehicle through which parents and family members can ask questions and communicate concerns. However, it is not the role of the DFA to amend or alter University policy.
The DFA provides opportunities for parents and family members to engage with the campus community by participating in campus events including, but not limited to Family Weekend, Admitted Students Days, Move In, and Commencement.
The Drexel Family Association is governed by the Executive Board which oversees the business and affairs of the DFA. Contact the DFA Chair by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lisa Andrejko, EdD (2006)
- Charles Carfagno (2007)
- Diane Mattiford (2008)
- Maria Sineri (2009)
- Mary Pat McDevitt (2010)
- Robert Nanfro (2011, 2012)
- Jane Kuttner (2013)
- Brenda Wilkin (2013–2015)
- Diane Jablonowski (2015–2016)
DFA Bylaws [PDF] approved as of March 2017
DFA Advisory Council
The DFA Advisory Council serves as an advisory committee to the Associate Director of Special Events. The Associate Director utilizes this group to gain parent and family member perspectives on campus issues and to support the Association's events.
Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in joining the DFA Advisory Council. We will contact you with information about getting more involved through the Family Association.
2019-2020 Meeting Minutes
- August Meeting, August 21, 2019 [PDF]
- October Meeting, October 7, 2019 [PDF]
- January Meeting, January 20, 2020 [PDF]
- June Meeting, June 17, 2020 [PDF]
- August Meeting, August 4, 2020 [PDF]
- November Meeting, November 17, 2020 [PDF]
- February Meeting, February 10, 2021 [PDF]
- Move-In Day Information Table (September)
- Family Weekend Panel (November)
- Accepted Students Days Information Table and Parent Panel (February - May)
- Parent Summer Engagement Chats (May-September)
- Commencement (June)