Diversity and Inclusion
The Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion (SCDI) supports and empowers students of all backgrounds as they build a sense of community that reflects the diversity of Drexel University's student body. Our office engages Drexel's AHLANA(1), LGBTQIA+(2), first generation and international student populations through direct advocacy, and intentional identity-based community building. We are active advocates for student diversity, intersectional social justice, and education on campus; and we work to ensure our students feel their whole identity is included and respected during their time here at Drexel.
- AHLANA: African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian, Native American
- LGBTQIA+: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual and/or Ally
What We Do
- Support diversity-based student organizations and Drexel's faith communities
- Provide educational training for the Drexel community
- Empower students to create a stimulating and diverse environment
- Build a community that reflects the diversity of our student body
- Facilitate intersectional cross-community connections and programs
SCDI Supports the Following Spaces
Drexel students come from all walks of life and the Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion is here to help make sure every Dragon feels welcome, supported, and celebrated. Learn how we can connect you with the rich diversity that makes up the Drexel University community.