Fraternity and Sorority Housing Services
Air Conditioning Units
Air conditioning units are provided to all residential bedrooms. One A/C unit will be provided to the first floor Chapter Room during the spring quarter. Organizations that wish to purchase A/C units for additional common spaces can coordinate installation at no charge through Housing and Residence Life (email@example.com).
Streaming television and DVR service is available to students. Learn more at the Resnet Television Service page.
Housing and Residence Life offers unlimited laundry service to 34th Street Housing residents. Each house has, at minimum, two washers and two dryers.
For issues with a laundry machine, please submit a Laundry Problem Report.
Grill is available free of charge, provided that organizations follow the below policies. To reserve a grill, please contact Fraternity & Sorority Life.
Please note the following policies for all requests.
- Organizations are responsible for arranging with their House Director (HD) or the House Director on-call the set-up and clean-up times needed.
- Propane tanks are available in the shed and are the responsibility of the organization.
- No propane tanks may be left in any houses for any reason! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The HD on call is your primary contact during your event.
There are various vendors who are responsible for the various services that are provided at the 34th Street properties. Please refer to the following information and report any problems to the appropriate group.
Any issues with the washing and drying machines must be reported directly to MacGray and Housing and Residence Life.
The turnaround time for General Work Order Requests is 7-10 business days.
General work order requests
- Maintenance issues
- Keys not working / lost / stolen
- Air conditioning units (weather-pending)
Additionally, you may use the below resources for other issue reporting:
- Cable issues should be addressed through Housing and Residence Life (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pest Control issues should be reported via Maintenance Request or to the front desk staff at 215.571.3068.
- ResNet and DragonFly issues please report the issue with Information Resources Technology via the Report a Problem Form.
- ResNet and DragonFly issues please report the issue to Information Technology using one of the following forms:
Trash is picked up every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Trash should be put out the night before because it can be picked up anytime between 4 a.m. and 12 p.m. on the day of pick-up. If you notice that the trash is not picked up by 12 p.m., email email@example.com.
Each organization is responsible for the cleanliness of their assigned trash pen and the surroundings. Only trash inside of the dumpsters and totters will be picked up.
Each property has a single-stream recycle bin located in the rear of the property. Learn more about single-stream recycling. Recycling is picked up weekly by Facilities Management.
Parking in any part of the alleyway behind D-Lot or in front of the trash pen is prohibited. Any cars that are parked in these areas will be ticketed and/or towed.
Access via the student's DragonCard and all University policies surrounding DragonCard usage applies.
In an effort to provide a safe living environment for all residents, exterior doors may not be propped for any reason. For special events, organizations may request doors be unlocked provided they post a member at that door.
If a member of the organization is having issues with their DragonCard providing them access to their house, the student will need to contact Housing and Residence Life Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 215.895.6155 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For after hours access issues, please call the Front Desk staff at 215.571.3068 or public safety at 215.895.2822.
House and Room Inspections
Assessments of each property will be done once per term during announced visits. Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to visually inspect all properties during unannounced visits as well.
Fire and Life Safety Assessments
- Exterior doors clear
- No furniture in the hallways
- Flammable items such as paint
- Sprinkler head unobstructed
- Fire exits clearly marked
- Emergency lights operable
- Smoke detectors operable and unobstructed
Facilities Management Assessments
- Trash taken out
- No open containers of food
- University furniture policies enforced
- All exterior doors closed
- Basement storage areas tidy
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.