Sport Leadership Certificate Program
Drexel University School of Education
Drexel’s Sport Leadership certificate program aims to help students grow their ability to be a leader and communicate effectively with athletes and program stakeholders. The purpose of this program is to help coaches become a valued asset to their athletic communities.
What can a Graduate Certificate in Sport Leadership do for you?
The Sport Leadership program is a unique program offering students practical application of the principles of coaching. The program’s faculty have served in national and international leadership roles in sport, including the U.S. Center for Coaching Excellence, the International Council of Coaching Excellence, and the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee.
Students range from former athletes looking for the next career move in sports, educators interested in moving into the field of coaching, and current coaches looking to take their coaching practices to the next level. The Sport Leadership certificate program prepares students for dynamic and diverse careers within K-12, higher education, and related fields, including, but not limited to, public, private, and for-profit four-year and two-year institutions, and national and international sport associations, and sport organizations.
How long does it take to earn a certificate in Sport Leadership?
- Instructional Delivery: Online
- Calendar Type Quarter: (each quarter lasts 10 weeks plus one week for final exams and projects)
- Expected time to completion: 1 year
- Number of credits needed for completion: 12.0
Course descriptions may be found in the Drexel University Course Catalog. Online students have access to the same resources as on-campus students including individualized advising and support services, access to the Steinbright Career Development Center, the Drexel Writing Center, Drexel Libraries, counseling and health services, and the Drexel alumni network.
What are the requirements to earn a certificate in Sport Leadership?
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attendedAn essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
Who is eligible to earn a certificate in Sport Leadership?
- Certificate level: Graduate
- Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree
- Certificate: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial aid eligibility: Not Aid Eligible
How do I apply to earn a certificate in Sport Leadership?
The Graduate Certificate in Sport Leadership is taught 100% online. Students can get started by filling out the Drexel Online Application.