Advanced Teaching & Curriculum Certificate Program
Drexel University School of Education
The Advanced Teaching and Curriculum Certificate Program is designed to meet the needs of in-service teachers who seek opportunities for advancement in teaching. Advanced knowledge includes effective instruction, curriculum, and assessments in a variety of educational settings, beyond what is required for initial teacher certification.
What Can a Graduate Certificate in Advanced Teaching & Curriculum Do For You?
Upon completion of the Advanced Teaching and Curriculum Certificate program, candidates will possess:
- Knowledge of the many facets of education, including in-depth understanding of varying educational organizations and sectors
- Expertise in developing, analyzing, implementing, and evaluating instructional strategies
- Leadership, organizational, cross-cultural, interpersonal, advocacy, and communication skills, allowing them to work effectively with all stakeholders in the profession
In addition, the Advanced Teaching and Curriculum Certificate program at Drexel University’s School of Education provides students with opportunities to explore a variety of other roles in education including instructional leaders both in and beyond the classroom; researchers in local, state, national or international organizations; and professionals in foundations, associations, corporations, and private education institutions.
Students who complete the Advanced Teaching and Curriculum Certificate Program can apply their credits toward a graduate teaching certificate in the MS in
Teaching, Learning and Curriculum: Advanced Studies.
How Long Does It Take to Earn a Certificate in Advanced Teaching and Curriculum?
- Instructional Delivery: Online
- Calendar Type: Quarter
- Expected Time to Completion: 1 year
- Number of Credits to Completion: 18.0
What are the Requirements to Earn a Certificate in Advanced Teaching and Curriculum?
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- You must meet the PA State content course requirements for your specific area of certification. Content course reviews are conducted at time of application. Coursework missing from your undergraduate background or below the minimum 3.0 GPA cumulative average may be taken concurrently with the graduate program.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- A 1000-1500 word essay describing why you're interested in pursuing the program and stating your intended area of certification (e.g. Elementary, Secondary English)
- Additional requirements for International Students
Who is Eligible to Earn a Certificate in Advanced Teaching and Curriculum?
- Certificate Level: Graduate
- Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree
- Certificate Type: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial Aid Eligibility: Not aid eligible
How Do I Apply to Earn a Certificate in Advanced Teaching and Curriculum?
Course descriptions may be found in the Drexel University Course Catalog under the Advanced Teaching and Curriculum certificate.