If a student does not adhere to the policies of Drexel University, Steinbright, and/or the co-op employer during the co-op process, a student may be required to attend a probation meeting during which time the terms of co-op probation are determined.
Reasons for a probation meeting may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Refusal to honor employment secured through SCDCOnline
- Termination from a co-op experience
- Engaging in inappropriate behavior anytime during the co-op process
- Failure to obtain approval for a co-op position
- Failure to obtain proper work authorization
- Violations of Steinbright policy
- Violations of University policy
Co-op probation is designed to help students learn from their mistakes before graduating and to be better prepared for the professional workplace. Probation is tailored to the individual situation. If a student is placed on co-op probation, the terms of the probation may include one or more of the following: a probation letter, denied access to SCDCOnline and/or Handshake, additional assignments, removal from the co-op program, and/or a failed work term(s).
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
The office is closed daily from 12 p.m.–1 p.m.