How to Apply
- A four-year biology, chemistry-based BA or BS degree, preferably with coursework in biology, biochemistry, cell biology and/or related subjects.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher for the certificate program, and 3.00 or higher for the master’s program (students with lower GPA will be considered if explained in the application).
- The application deadline for spring 2024 is December 11, 2023
- The application deadline for fall 2024 is August 1, 2024.
A complete application must be submitted and received by the deadline.
Required Application Documents
Drexel University provides assistance to complete your application. Please see the following websites for details:
- Official transcript from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals or former instructors for the certificate program, and three for the master’s program
- Personal statement (less than 600 words) that addresses:
- Your reason for pursuing the online certificate at Drexel University
- Your short-term and long-term career goals
- How the certificate program can help you achieve these goals
- Official GRE and/or MCAT reports (optional)
- Additional documents for international students
Tuition for the Current Academic Year
Tuition information for the Molecular Basis of Cancer online post-baccalaureate certificate and master of science graduate degree programs are available on the Drexel Central website.
Step-by-Step Guide for Application
- Go to online.drexel.edu/online-degrees/biomedical-degrees/cert-cancer-biology (Certificate) or online.drexel.edu/online-degrees/biomedical-degrees/ms-cancer-biology (MS).
- Click on the “APPLY NOW” tab on the upper right corner.
- After putting in your name, phone number and email address, it will lead you to the admission page, where you can create a login.
- Once logged in, you can choose a term for enrollment from the drop-down menu, then choose Graduate Online application from the next drop-down menu (not Graduate, which is for in-person programs).
- You can put in your personal information, and on the second page Application Information on the top, for Academic Area of Interest, please select "Medicine - Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies" and for Program, please select "Molecular Basis of Cancer, PBC (online)" or "Molecular Basis of Cancer, MS (online)."
- The portal will ask you for your academic record (where you can upload a scan of an unofficial transcript, and the official transcript can be provided later), and then you can go through the Disclosure and Certification pages.
- Once you are at the review stage, you can hit submit (after you make sure the information you put in so far is correct). The submit step is really the beginning of the application. After hitting submit application, you will be allowed to upload the application materials, including resume, an essay stating why you want to join our program, and names for recommendation letters.
- If you need additional assistance, please contact admission representative at 800.2.DREXEL or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for financial aid as soon as possible to ensure funds are available prior to the start of the term.
For more information, please visit Drexel Online Application Process.
Back to Top