For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Academic and Professional Support for Graduate Students

Complaint Resolution Form

Before seeking recourse from the formal Compliant/Grievance Process, a student must first exhaust more immediate means of resolution in the line of authority including any appeals processes provided for under the program or department policy. If necessary, students may file a Complaint Resolution.

Download the Complaint Resolution Form at

 Back to Top

Educational & Academic Affairs

Through chairing the Academic Oversight Committee and the Policies & Procedures Committee, Associate Dean Dr. Jed Shumsky leads efforts to oversee the Graduate School's academic offerings. Associate Dean Shumsky helps students with unique situations navigate issues such as transitioning between programs, probation, re-admittance, and other specialized problems that graduate students may face on the path to their degree.

Jed Shumsky, PhD, Associate Dean of Educational & Academic Affairs

Jed Shumsky, PhD
Associate Dean of Educational & Academic Affairs, Graduate School; Professor of Neurobiology & Anatomy
2900 W. Queen Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19129
Phone: 215.991.8736
Fax: 215.843.9082

 Back to Top

Counseling or Psychiatric Services

The Counseling Center offers free, confidential mental health services to currently enrolled full-time undergraduate and graduate students on both the Center City and University City Campuses. Part-time students, as well as students living far from campus, may obtain an off-campus referral from the counseling center. 

Further information regarding our scope of services can be found at To schedule an appointment on the Center City Campus, visit Suite 315 of the Bellet Building, call 215.762.7625 or email

 Back to Top

Students in the Graduate School for Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies viewing slides under a microscope.