Policy Number: HR-60
Effective Date: April 2014
Responsible Officer: President, The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
This policy was established to communicate the philosophy the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University has adopted regarding its pay practices.
This policy applies to all eligible non-faculty Professional Staff Members, excluding any Professional Staff Member who is affiliated with a collective bargaining unit.
Implementation of this policy is the responsibility of the Department of Human Resources.
The President of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University official responsible for the administration of this policy.
The University's compensation program is designed to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure fair and consistent pay practices.
- Comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Operate within the constraints of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University's budgetary process and financial resources.
- Ensure administrative efficiency.
- Allow the Academy of Natural Sciences of University to offer competitive salaries relative to the labor markets in which the University recruits.
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University generally recruits in the local and regional labor markets to fill nonexempt positions and in the regional and national labor market to fill exempt positions. While pay practices reflect local living costs, they are competitive with pay practices in the relevant labor markets.
AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT NOT AFFECTED
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated in this policy, nothing herein is intended to alter the at-will status of any Professional Staff Member. The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University at all times retains the right to terminate any Professional Staff Member at any time for any lawful reason, or for no reason at all.