Parent and Family Resources
Here are some of the most commonly accessed websites and tools you'll need as part of the Drexel family.
- Center for Learning and Academic Success – Empowering students to develop skills and strategies that foster academic success and personal growth
- Disability Resources – Providing accommodative measures, including auxiliary aids, accommodations and services for in-need students and family visitors on campus.
- Drexel Autism Support Program – Offering a student-centered program with the goal of promoting academic competency, self-advocacy, interpersonal skills, independent living, and social integration.
- Fellowships Office – Offering support to students interested in pursuing academic fellowships.
- International Students and Scholars Services – Assisting international students with immigration, cultural, financial, academic, and personal concerns, and makes appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Learning Alliance – The Learning Alliance is a network of offices on campus and online that support students' academic success. By working together, the partner offices ensure you receive the guidance you are looking for and provide a direct referral to additional resources when needed.
- Libraries – More than just books! Students can receive individualized support from librarians based on their field of study.
- Steinbright Career Development Center – Providing all the necessary tools for student career development, including undergraduate and graduate co-op programs, along with career workshops, fairs, and counseling.
- Undergraduate Advising – Providing every Drexel student with a professional academic advisor dedicated to fostering autonomy and informed decision making.
- Campus Dining – Providing information regarding student dining plans, locations, promotions, and menus.
- Community Student Engagement – Providing specialized transition and support resources for commuter and off-campus students.
- DragonCard Office – Managing services for your student’s DragonCard, which serves as your student's official Drexel identification card, method of payment for Dragon Dollars, and campus access key.
- Drexel Barnes & Noble Bookstores – Providing students with new, used, digital, and rental textbooks, along with computer software, personal care products, and Drexel University merchandise.
- Drexel Central – Assisting students and families with registration and financial services, including billing, payment, and financial aid.
- DrexelOne Portal – Providing access to a number of student services, including email, class scheduling, eBill payment, event registration, and student action checklists.
- Office of Equality and Diversity – Responsible for protecting students, family, faculty, and staff from discrimination and harassment with regard to race, color, nationality, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or pregnancy.
- Fraternity and Sorority Life – Serving Drexel’s 30+ Greek letter student organizations with support in academic development, event planning, chapter management, and student safety adherence.
- Information Technology – Supporting Drexel students, faculty, and staff with all of their technological needs.
- Public Safety – Ensuring a safe and secure campus environment through collaboration with numerous law enforcement and security partners, including the Philadelphia Police Department, SEPTA and Amtrak Police Departments, and the Philadelphia Fire Department, along with other private and public institutions and agencies.
- Parking Services – Are you planning on driving to campus for a visit? Parking for all Drexel Philadelphia campuses as well as visitor parking, accessible access, and more are available for you to take advantage of.
- Recreational Athletics – Helping build a sense of pride and community through a wide variety of student intramural, club, and recreational activities.
- Spiritual and Religious Life – Cultivating a culture of mutual respect for the variety of faith traditions on campus.
- Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion – Building a welcoming, inclusive, respectful, engaging, and diverse community for all Drexel students, staff, faculty, and families.
- Housing and Residence Life – Responsible for all student housing procedures, including room assignment, billing, facilities, and policies.
- Veteran Student Services – Providing services and opportunities for veteran students and their families, including orientation sessions, counseling, social activities, and assistance relating to admissions, academics, and financing options.
Counseling and Health Service Resources
- Counseling Center – Offering free and confidential counseling, therapy, and intervention services to ensure the academic, personal, and interpersonal development of our students.
- Drexel Student Health Center – Providing comprehensive health services for students (including women's health services) in a confidential environment.
- Student Health Insurance – All full-time students are required to demonstrate proof of plan coverage that meets Drexel's minimum health insurance requirements and either waive or enroll in the Drexel Health Insurance Plan at the beginning of each academic year.
- Student Immunizations – All incoming students are required to complete University immunization requirements.
- Family Weekend – Parents and family members of all ages are invited to join their student on campus for Drexel's Family Weekend in November each year. Filled with events, tours, and activities, Family Weekend showcases life on campus and in the city of Philadelphia.
- Drexel Family Association – Open to all parents and family members of current Drexel students, the Drexel Family Association partners with the University to improve the student experience while providing opportunities for family involvement and communication.
- DrexelNow Electronic Newsletter – Get the scoop on upcoming events and goings-on at Drexel through our monthly newsletter, DrexelNow. Subscribe to DrexelNow.
If you have additional needs, please contact the Director of Special Events, Kaitlyn Delengowski, at email@example.com. Once your student is settled in, be sure to check out Student Life's Parent and Family Resources for ways to stay connected with Drexel.