Transferring Credits

Students currently enrolled in the College of Engineering at Drexel University may, with permission, take courses at another institution.

Note: If you are looking to take elective courses outside of Drexel University please do NOT use this form.  Please email the Associate Director of Transfer Advising, Noelle Palladino, directly to discuss the transferability of such course work.

  • Step 1: Students must fill in the requested information below and hit the submit button. However current students should first consult this list of pre-approved core courses [XLS] before completing the form. If you are not able to find your course/college of choice, please fill out the form below for equivalency information. If the list includes the course and college you want to attend please use the listed equivalency when registering at that college or university. In addition please read this page for more information on the required grade, next steps, etc.

    Once the information has been submitted, the Assistant Director of Transfer Advising will send the approved course list to the student via email.  The email will list the course equivalent(s) at each college requested.  This is not a guarantee that the equivalent course(s) listed will be offered at the time the student intends to take the course(s).  The student is responsible for applying to the institution as a visiting/guest student and registering for the course(s) when they are available.

    Coursework which has not been approved in advance may be denied transfer. A grade of "C" (2.0) or better must be earned; the student will only receive "credit" for the course and not the letter grade.  The student’s cumulative grade point average at Drexel will not be affected.

  • Step 2: If required, apply for admission. At some institutions, students must apply for admission before registering for classes. A call to your transfer institution’s Admission Office or Registrar/Registration Office should tell you whether admission is required.

  • Step 3: If needed, obtain written approval. As a guest student, you will most likely need to receive written approval from your home institution (Drexel) before scheduling courses at your transfer institution.  If you need a permission letter please email .  Please provide the name of the college/university where you would like to take courses and which courses you would like to register for at that institution.

  • Step 4: If needed, complete all appropriate forms. In addition to a permission letter some institutions require guest students to complete a guest student course approval form before registering. Check with the transfer college Registrar or Registration Office and complete any forms that may be required.

  • Step 5: After completing the course(s), an official transcript must be sent when the grade(s) are available to:

    Drexel University  
    College of Engineering
    Undergraduate Advising Center
    Room 155-University Crossings
    3175 JFK Boulevard
    Philadelphia, PA 19104
    Attention: Noelle Palladino


    Drexel Central
    Suite 106, Main Building
    3141 Chestnut Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19104

    Official transcripts can also be sent electronically through services such as Parchment Exchange if the institution participates in such a service.  Electronic transcripts can be sent to .

    Once the transcript is received, an evaluation of credit will be made and the transfer credit information will be entered into the student's academic record. Keep in mind that credit will not be given for the course until an official transcript is received.

For further information on transferring credits contact Noelle Palladino, Assistant Director of Transfer Advising, at in the Undergraduate Advising Center.