Dean Walker is a sought-after speaker on topics of research; diversity, equity and inclusion; and issues of higher education leadership. She welcomes the opportunity to engage with programs that support or contribute to the advancement of the college's mission. Please complete this form if you are interested in engaging Dean Walker as part of your event.
- "Resilient Women: Our Collective Role in Advocating for Each Other and the Future of Environmental Chemistry"
Delivered virtually at the American Chemical Society Fall 2021 meeting, themed "Resilience of Chemistry," as part of a special symposium on "Women in Science and Engineering."
August 22, 2021
- "Scholar, Leader, Champion" Dean Sharon L. Walker
The podcast Under The Hood with Dr. Sunshine featured Dean Walker talking about mentoring young academics in STEM from historically underrepresented groups.
August 16, 2021
- Drexel Engineering 2021 Commencement
Dean Walker addresses the Class of 2021 in a virtual program.
June 9, 2021
- Drexel InSites on Rapid Research
Alumni-weekend program explores cutting-edge rapid research and innovation initiatives at the University in the wake of the global health crisis and economic impacts of COVID-19, including Dean Walker's latest invention.
May 20, 2021
- Diversity in Action: Faces of Diversity
Dean Walker is featured as part of a collective on recognizing the work of diverse STEM professionals and students.
- Virtual Fireside Chat: Leadership Lessons from Lockheed Martin
Students and alumni joined Dean Walker for a virtual Q&A with alumnus Jon Rambeau ’96.
May 10, 2021
- Drexel Deans Look Back at 2020
Dean Walker, along with other college deans at Drexel, reflects on innovations, challenges and lessons learned in 2020.
January 15, 2021
- State of the College 2020
Dean Walker launched the new Drexel Engineering strategic plan, and shared highlights and achievements from the last academic year at this virtual event.
October 7, 2020
- MXene Conference 2020
Dean Walker welcomed over 1,000 participants to the MXene Conference 2020, the first such event hosted in the U.S. and presented virtually from Philadelphia, PA.
August 3, 2020
- College of Engineering Virtual Commencement
June 11, 2020
- The Growth of Nanotechnology Through Interdisciplinarity
Dean Walker spoke on the podcast Stories from the NNI.
May 18, 2020
- Dean’s Panel Discussion on the COVID-19 Crisis: Challenges and Opportunities in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Dean Walker joined a panel discussion with deans from USC, OSU and University of Kentucky.
May 11, 2020
- A New Frontier for Engineering Education Predicated on Peace
Dean Walker was invited to present as part of the USF Eminent Scholars Lecture Series.
February 28, 2020
- Peace Engineering & Innovation Initiative Speaker Series
Dean Walker spoke via Zoom about the peace engineering program.
November 8, 2019
- College of Engineering Commencement
Dean Walker congratulated Drexel's newest engineering degree recipients.
June 13, 2019
- Comcast Women in Tech Conference
Dean Walker delivered a keynote to the company's top 125 women performers on the future landscape for the tech world the next generation of women in tech.
March 21, 2019
- ELATES Graduation Ceremony
An ELATES alumnae, Dean Walker addressed graduates at the 2019 Leaders Forum.
March 20, 2019
- Engineering Leader of the Year Award
Dean Walker honored 2019 award recipient, Jeffrey J. Wilcox, vice president for digital transformation at Lockheed Martin.
March 14, 2019
- “Invent Your Career” Event
At this networking event, Dean Walker gave introductory remarks.
February 19, 2019