Drexel University's College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) appreciates the opportunity to understand and celebrate both the shared and unique background and talents that comprise the CCI community. Each individual contributes to making our College a thriving and dynamic community at Drexel. In recognition and support of the work of Drexel University’s Office for Institutional Equity and Inclusive Culture (EIC) and the Anti-racism Task Force, CCI launched its inaugural Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Council in November 2020. The Council emphasizes the College’s commitment to be a welcoming, supportive, respectful and inclusive environment for all.
This Council is led by Marie Fazio, assistant dean of operations & faculty affairs and the diversity officer for CCI. The Council includes representation from faculty, students and professional staff and will seek participation and input from all members of the College. The membership of the Council will continue to evolve to provide inclusive representation and meet the needs of the CCI community.
The Council has the following goals:
- to review all facets of and advocate for diversity issues across the College
- to coordinate programs and initiatives within the College and in conjunction with Drexel University efforts and mandates
- to advise on diversity planning and identify and disseminate best practices
- to facilitate communication about diversity, equity and inclusion topics between the CCI community to the College’s leadership team
- to serve as a safe space for discussion of any and all topics of importance to the physical and emotional health and well-being of all members of the CCI community
Meet the DEI Council Members
Provide Feedback to CCI's DEI Council
If you have any questions or feedback to share with the Council, please contact email@example.com, a dedicated mailbox for the Council or use the anonymous Qualtrics form. We look forward to input from the Drexel CCI community.
Learn more about DEI Events