MS in Information Webinar Series: "Information Seeking and Knowledge Graph"
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
12:00 PM-1:00 PM
Drexel University's College of Computing & Informatics presents its final event in its new monthly MS in Information Webinar Series:
"Information Seeking and Knowledge Space"
Information seeking is the process through which people navigate through the knowledge space to obtain useful information for their information needs. The process is often compared to navigation in the physical space. While people depend on geographical maps or GPS to navigate the physical space, there are no reliable knowledge maps or GPS for information seeking. In this talk, CCI Professor and Information Science Department Head Xia Lin, PhD
will discuss the research front on knowledge map and knowledge graph creation through concept mapping, knowledge representation, and information visualization.
This online event is free and open to all.
Participants will receive login information for the Zoom meeting upon registration.
This session will be recorded and available for later viewing on Drexel CCI's YouTube channel
About the Webinar Series:
- December 5, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Alex Poole, PhD on “Seeking Social Justice in the Archives” - Learn more at drexelcci.info/msi125
- December 18, 2019 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Jina Huh-Yoo, PhD “Using Emerging Technology to Support Health” - Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi1218
- January 15, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Tim Gorichanaz, PhD on "Art as Information" Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi115
- March 5, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Andrea Forte, PhD on "Online Collaboration and other Dangerous Feats" - Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi35
- April 22, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Denise Agosto, PhD on “The Drexel Capstone Experience: Bringing Library & Information Science Education into Real-World Settings” - Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi422
About Drexel CCI's MS in Information Degree Program:
Drexel’s MS in Information (MSI) program is a professional masters of information management degree that prepares students to be leaders in the information profession who can lead, collaborate and innovate data-driven solutions to advance society and the economy. Students in the program are trained for a range of information and data-oriented careers at the intersection of people, information and technology. Learn more at drexelcci.info/msi