Drexel’s Information Systems degree teaches students how to apply technology to solve problems for organizations and individuals. Information Systems majors tend to excel in bridging the gap between clients and technical staff and also like to design technical solutions to real problems.
Information Systems Major Program Features
- Educates students on how to interact with people and businesses to understand their needs and translate them into effective systems and technology to improve efficiency;
- Curriculum has a technical focus on high level system design, databases and human-computer interaction;
- A minor in business is included in the BSIS degree; however, Information Systems students can additionally customize and enhance their studies through a variety of available minors at CCI, including Computer Science, Data Science, Human-Centered Computing, Security Technology and Software Engineering, or choose from the hundreds of available minors at Drexel;
Gain Job Experience Before Graduating
Founded in 1919, Drexel's cooperative education program was one of the first of its kind, and it continues to be among the largest and most renowned. Drexel Co-op allows students to test drive careers, network and gain experience before graduation. Students choose from more than 1,700 employers in 35 states and 45 international locations, or conduct an independent search. Students in the BSIS program can participate in a four-year, one co-op program, a five-year three co-op program, or a five-year two co-op program (with a combined BS/MS degree). Visit the Steinbright Career Development Center website to learn more.
Graduates of the Information Systems undergraduate program hold positions such as Security Analyst, Systems Analyst, Database Architect, Data Communications Analyst, User Interface Designer, and Systems Engineer.
- A complete list of the BS in Information Systems student outcomes may also be viewed on Drexel's Undergraduate Catalog.
- To view the latest BS in Information Systems program enrollment numbers, please click here.
Information Systems Degree Requirements
Please visit Drexel's Undergraduate Catalog for degree requirements and course descriptions. To find out when courses are offered, please visit Drexel's Term Master Schedule.