The Building Manager is under the direct supervision of the Professional Staff. In this role, you represent Drexel Student Centers at Drexel University. The position of Building Manager exists to assist with the co-curricular and administrative programs of the University, as well as the programs of non-University organizations that have contracted use of the University facilities. This is a service-oriented position that requires constant interaction with members of the University, community, and general public.
- Overseeing daily events and activities of building and serve as primary resource for students, staff, faculty, and guests who utilize the student centers.
- Ensuring facility cleanliness and professional atmosphere
- Assisting with event audio visual needs
- Unlocking building in morning and securing at closing
- Reporting and recording injuries, property damages, emergencies, and unusual incidents
- Coordinating emergency procedures
- Communicating maintenance and housekeeping needs to appropriate staff
- Assisting with daily cash operations
- Writing operations reports
- Assisting in supervision of staff, including selection, training, and evaluation
- Acting as a proxy for professional staff when off business hours
- Building managers are required to work morning, evening, and weekend shifts