For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Current Undergraduate

Academic Dismissal


Student has not met the minimum term and/or cumulative GPA requirements of the university.  


Academically dismissed students receive a certified letter from the Registrar's Office and an email from the Office of Academic Advising. If you know you will be/are dismissed, do not wait to be notified before taking action. 


Students who want to be considered for reinstatement may make their appeal to the Westphal Academic Standing Committee. The Committee meets on the first day of every quarter. To meet with the committee, students must schedule an appointment by calling 215-895-2396.

Students may appeal a maximum of two times for reinstatement.

International students & students outside of the geographic region may appeal via phone meeting.

Academic Standing Committee Policies & Procedures [PDF]


Academic Progress

View the Office of the Provost Undergraduate Academic Standing and Probation Policy.


Students can add and/or drop classes from the day of their time ticket through the end of week one of every term. 

Course withdrawal starts on Monday of week 2 and ends Friday of week 7 of every term. 

More information about adding and dropping courses can be found here: Course Add/Drop Policy. 

More information about course withdrawal can be found here: Course Withdrawal Policy. 

AP Credit

View the Office of the Provost Advanced Placement Credit Policy.

Cooperative Education (Co-op)

Cooperative Education is an opportunity for Westphal College students to gain valuable work experience and industry contacts as part of their college training. All students in the Westphal College participate in co-op with the exception of Architecture students who complete a work-study program.

Each Program Director and Co-op Advisor will determine a student’s co-op cycle. Students in all majors (except ARTH, EAM and MIP) complete co-op in their junior year in either the fall/winter or spring/summer terms. Students in ARTH, EAM and MIP complete co-ops in the summers during Sophomore and Junior years.  Students who in the 5 year, 3 Co-op program (ANFX, GDAP, IDM, VRIM) will complete co-op in their Sophomore, Pre-Junior, and Junior year.

While co-op is a required component of each program, academic credit is not granted for this experience. Students earn DCU (Drexel Co-op Units) after the successful completion of co-op.

Visit the Steinbright Career Development Center website for additional information about Co-op.

Counseling Center

For information about confidential counseling services, please visit the Counseling Center webpage.

Credit By Exam

Credit/No Credit

View the Office of the Provost Credit/No Credit Option Policy.

Degree Requirements

Students can view their progress toward meeting their degree requirements (major, minor, concentration) on DegreeWorks. DegreeWorks is an interactive site which tracks individual progress by identifying 3 critical elements:

Degree Requirements: All courses/subjects/credits that must be successful completed in order to earn the degree.

  • Progress Toward Completion: All courses that are in progress and completed.
  • Planner: A recommended sequence in which to complete the undergraduate degree requirements. The sequence accounts for prerequisite courses which must be taken in the prescribed order.
  • Students who deviate from the planner should ALWAYS consult with their academic advisor to ensure that their deviation will not interrupt/delay their progress toward their degree.

For more information about DegreeWorks, visit the Drexel Academic Information and Systems website.

  • Login to DrexelOne
  • Select Student tab
  • Select More Banner Web
  • Select DegreeWorks Audit

DrexelOne Account

DrexelOne is the web portal to many services including DegreeWorks, email, and online course materials.

Holds Placed On Account

For information about holds placed on your account, visit the Financial Holds web page.


Leave of Absence

Students must sometimes interrupt their studies for a variety of reasons (academic, medical, financial, or personal). Students choosing to take a leave of absence must first contact their academic advisor to initiate the process.

A student may leave the University by either withdrawing from the university (with no intention of returning, see Withdrawal from the University) or by taking a leave of absence (with the intention of returning).

A leave of absence can be requested for a minimum of one quarter and up to a max of four quarters. If a student requests a leave for the max number of terms, they will need to be officially readmitted, when they return to the university.

More information about taking a leave of absence can be found here: Leave of Absence


For a complete list of minors, visit the Drexel University Catalog website.


Office Of Disability Resources

Studio & Lab Classes Learning Outcomes

Visit the Office of Disability Resources webpage for additional information.


Online Courses

Students may register for online courses that are unrestricted via their DrexelOne account. Students will need to review the section comments under each course to determine if the course is unrestricted or restricted to students in the Drexel University online program. Noted restrictions allow only those students who meet the criteria to register and participate in the course.


Plans Of Study

A Plan of study is a recommended sequence in which to take courses to complete all degree requirements. The plan was developed with consideration of prerequisites and terms in which courses are typically offered.

  • Students are encouraged to contact their academic advisor to discuss the ramifications of any deviation from the plan of study as this may cause a significant delay in the completion of degree requirements.
  • Students should monitor their Drexel e-mail to stay alert to any course or term changes.
  • Students follow the plan of study that corresponds to their program and the year in which they entered the program.

Current and archived Plans of Study may be found on the Drexel University Catalog website and on DegreeWorks.


Students who have a GPA below 2.0 are placed on Academic Probation and required to meet with an Academic Advisor. The purpose of this meeting is to ensure the student understands the policy and to develop steps to remove this status.

View the Office of the Provost Academic Probation Policy.



For information about Registration and Fees, please visit the Course Registration web page. 


For complete details regarding Drexel University Security, please visit the Security Services webpage. For a complete list of Emergency Numbers please visit Drexel's Public Safety website.


Student Code of Conduct

Visit the Student Life website for the Student Code of Conduct.

Study Abroad

For information about Study Abroad, visit the Drexel Study Abroad website.


Withdraw From University

View the Office of the Provost Withdraw from the University Policy. Please contact your academic advisor to discuss how to withdraw from Drexel University. 

Writing Intensive

For information about Writing Intensive courses at Drexel, visit the Department of English & Philosophy website.