Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
Our Mission Statement:
The Westphal College Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council seeks to create a culture that understands that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to transforming the academic and work environment into a community that values and respects everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, color, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socioeconomic class, religion, disability, age, military status, political ideology, visa status, economic status, geographic location, and language/linguistic ability.
Our Community and Values:
- Accessibility – Equal access to resources and support for those seeking information and help related to diversity, equity, and inclusion at the Westphal College.
- Advocacy – Supporting and effecting change for those who are marginalized.
- Community Engagement – Liaise with other academic units and diversity partners across the university, and in the local community, as determined by the council.
- Cultural Awareness – Promoting awareness and education of diverse, multidimensional communities within the college.
- Leadership – Motivate all areas of the Westphal College to embrace and celebrate diversity through hiring practices, curriculum, recruitment, research, and more. Establish best practices and share pertinent information related to diversity equity and inclusion.
- Mentorship – Providing nurturing relationships that can encourage, empower, and increase academic and social confidence.
- Resources, Education and Support – Offer resources, education and support around diversity, equity, and inclusion for the entire Westphal community including faculty, staff and students.