In 2021, Reading Hospital-Tower Health will become a 4-year regional campus of the College of Medicine.
Drexel University College of Medicine has long been an innovator in medical education. Our supportive educational environment emphasizes collaboration and gives students a comfort level that lets them learn and thrive. Faculty members are concerned first and foremost with teaching and helping students.
Learn about the MD Program admissions process
Foundations and Frontiers
Foundations and Frontiers is designed to create physicians for the 21st century. The curriculum instills all of the enduring qualities essential to clinical excellence while also including essential emerging competencies such as an understanding of population health, health informatics, quality and patient safety, and health care systems and financing.
Learn more about Foundations and Frontiers
The Office of Admissions would like to address the concerns of MD Program applicants during the COVID-19 pandemic, which is causing unprecedented disruption to academic work and MCAT testing.
The College of Medicine is keenly aware of the many challenges that applicants are facing and we understand the need to be flexible in our approach to admissions during this time.
Please be advised of the following:
- The Admissions Committee will accept Pass/Fail, online, and courses not taken at an applicant’s “home school” without penalty to the applicant.
- The deadline to complete the 2021 application is extended from January 1 to February 1.
- The date to submit MCATs will be extended from September of 2020 to the last date in 2020 that the MCAT is offered. MCATs from 2021 will only be accepted for special program students.
- 2020 applicants will not be penalized for experiences they had planned to complete or participate in that were impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic.
- All applicants will receive a secondary application. Applicants with complete files who indicate they intend to sit for a future MCAT testing in 2020 will be held for review until the results of that testing have been received.
For questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 215.991.8202 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.