How to Apply
Please note that the application cycle for the fall 2022 program will open on October 1, 2021.
Admission is granted on a rolling basis, applications must be completed before they can be reviewed. Upon review of the application, the Division of Pre-medical and Pre-health Programs retains the right to place the application under consideration for an alternate program that is more suited to the applicant's credentials.
Applying to the Intensive Medical Sciences Program
Instructions for Applying Online
- Click on yellow "APPLY NOW" box on the right side of this page
- Login to "Returning User" or create a new account "First Time User"
- Click on "Start New Application" at the bottom of the page
- Select Application Type "Fall 2021–Summer 2022"
- Next, choose drop down menu option "2021–2022 Graduate"
- Click on "Create an Application" box
- Open Application
- All information in "Personal" must be completed first
- Then, go to "Application Information"
- For Academic Area of Interest choose "Medicine"
- For Program choose: "Intensive Medical Sciences, MS (IMS Program)
Candidates for admission to the Intensive Medical Sciences program must provide the following credentials:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or international equivalent
- Completion of one year each of general biology, chemistry, physics, and organic chemistry with laboratories and grades of C or above
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 to be competitive
- Applicants need a composite MCAT score in the 70th percentile or better in order to be considered for admission to the program. We also accept competitive DAT scores (≥20) for dental applicants or competitive OAT score (≥330) for optometry applicants.
All letters of evaluation sent electronically must be on letterhead, have a hard signature and come from an .edu account. Letters of evaluation may be submitted through Interfolio.
- Either one composite letter from the undergraduate pre-medical committee
- Or three letters of reference (two science professors that have taught you, one additional letter)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities where coursework was attempted or taken
- Personal Statement/ Essay:
This personal statement is an opportunity for you to let us know how you believe this program will benefit your career. Use your personal statement as an opportunity to distinguish yourself from other applicants. Consider and write your personal statement carefully. Some questions you may want to consider while writing this essay are:
- How do you believe this program will enhance your academic record?
- Experience in health care and a commitment to medicine
- What motivates you to pursue and learn science and how does it relate to medicine?
- In addition, you may wish to include information such as:
- Unique hardships, challenges, or obstacles that may have influenced your educational pursuits
- Commentary on significant fluctuations in your academic record that are not explained elsewhere in your application
- Provide us with a timeline for your career goals and what activities you will be pursuing while attending our program
Upload your résumé as part of your admission application or through the Discover Drexel portal after you submit your application.
- Completed online math science GPA calculation form. Please note, you will need to submit your application before you can use the form.
- Applications are welcomed from international students that have earned their bachelor's degree from Drexel University
Mailing Application Materials
Please send any application materials that cannot be sent electronically to:
P.O. Box 34789
Philadelphia, PA 19101
Tuition for the Current Academic Year
Tuition information for the Intensive Medical Sciences program is available on the Drexel Central website.
Financial Aid Information
Financial aid is available from many sources, such as the federal government and private organizations, or from the University itself. Financial aid may be in the form of loans, grants, scholarships or part-time employment. For information regarding financing your education, please visit Drexel Central.
Apply for the Intensive Medical Sciences program
Back to Top