Stolen computing equipment can jeopardize the confidentiality of University data. Computer thefts must be immediately reported to both Drexel Department of Public Safety: 215.895.2822 and Drexel Information Security: 215.895.1984 or by emailing InformationSecurity@drexel.edu.
Please report potentially compromised systems to Security Operations Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report Confirmed Scam/Phishing Emails
Method 1: Report Message Button
Drexel recently added a “Report Message” button to Outlook. Do not abuse this button for all unwanted messages. Use the appropriate identifier below to correctly report a message.
- Check for an "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email instead of reporting it. Use unsubscribe feature to stop receiving messages from the sender, so these messages will not be marked as spam for other subscribers who want to receive them.
- Spam Mail targets users whose email addresses were obtained by an advertiser. They are unrelated to your interest and should be marked as Junk.
- Phishing messages are sent with the intent to trick you into giving out information such as emails and passwords, often with a sense of urgency. These messages may use big organizations' logos, including Drexel's logo, to make them look official. These messages should be reported as Phishing.
- Scam messages may come in the form of an unsolicited job offer or transaction. They can be used to steal money or even your identity. Report these messages are Phishing.
Method 2: Forward email with complete header
Send definite scam/phishing emails with full headers to email@example.com. This helps our filtering rules prevent scams/phishing attempts from reaching mailboxes.
Obtaining full email headers:
For more information on how to find full headers in Outlook, see the Microsoft Support site.
To obtain full email headers from Office 365 on the Web, follow these steps:
- Sign in to portal.office.com.
- Click the "Mail" tile.
- Select the message you want full headers for, then the Down Arrow next to "Reply/Reply All."
- Select "View Message Details."
- Copy everything in the box that appears, and include that text with your report.