How to Connect and Publish to DUNX1 with sFTP (Windows)
Note: Before you connect to DUNX1 you need to have a DUNX1 account (an Academic Unix account). If you don't have one (or aren't sure), you can go to picking up a DUNX1 account to find out how to get one.
You can use any sFTP software with your DUNX1 account. More information about Secure Share can be found here: https://www.ssh.com/ssh.
The below examples use FileZilla, a free file transfer application.
Connecting to DUNX1 via sFTP (Windows)
- To open a connection, type in dunx1.irt.drexel.edu for the Host, your Drexel userID for the Username, your DUNX1 password (might differ from your other accounts), and 22 for the Port. Click "Quickconnect."
- A dialog box will appear that asks whether or not you'd like to save your password. Make your selection, then click "OK."
- You might see an "Unknown host key" dialog box the first time you connect. Check the box to "Always trust this host," then click "OK."
- Check your status. If connection is successful, you will see your remote site directory. Note: If connection fails, ensure that you have an active Academic Unix account at accounts.drexel.edu.
Uploading a File to Your DUNX1 Account
Make sure that you are in the correct remote folder/location where you want to upload the new file.
- Navigate to the file you wish to upload, right-click the file name, and select "Upload."