Camtasia is an application that facilitates the capture, editing and production of multimedia on a computer. Drexel IT holds a limited number of licenses which are available to Drexel faculty and staff who complete our Camtasia Online Training Series.
The current version of Camtasia is available for both Windows and Mac OS X platforms. The latest release has the same version number regardless of platform, the features and functionality are equivalent and the user experience is nearly identical, with the one exception noted below.
Key features of Camtasia:
- Record whatever is displayed on your screen (PowerPoint or other presentations, websites, applications, etc.)
- Record audio from a connected microphone as well as system audio
- Record video from a connected webcam
- Capture PowerPoint presentations with a click (Windows only)
- Emphasize and elaborate with annotations
- Add transitions, animations and effects for sophisticated-looking videos
- Measure retention with interactive quizzes
- Make content accessible with closed captioning
Videos made in Camtasia can then be uploaded and streamed from Drexel Streams.
To learn more you can visit the TechSmith website to see features for Camtasia.
NOTE: All Drexel users, including students, can also record content using Kaltura Capture which will publish media directly to Drexel Streams for streaming.