The 2022 DELTA program will be held at Drexel August 21 - September 3. Registration is now open.
The Drexel Summer Drexel Engineering Leadership Transformation Academy (DELTA) program is a two-week residential program for approximately 30 incoming engineering students. Invitations are sent to students from underrepresented groups in STEM: women, African Americans, American Indians/Alaska Natives, and Latinos.
Through basic math and science, engineering design, personal and professional development, and social activities, DELTA students start their freshmen year with a knowledge of Drexel, Philadelphia, and more of what to expect from the coming year. Perhaps more importantly, they have a group of friends (both incoming and upper-class students) right from the start.
DELTA alumni remain very connected to their cohort throughout their time at Drexel. They are always eager to volunteer as peer mentors to help the newest incoming group because they know the value of the program.
Faculty director Dr. Jennifer Atchison describes the DELTA experience.
Students in the DELTA program designed and built solar cars.
- Greater academic preparation for first year at Drexel
- A community of fellow students (both first-year and upperclass) and faculty members who will help guide participants through current and future endeavors
- Early exploration of Philadelphia and a familiarity with Drexel’s campus
- A fun and engaging experience!
Registration for the 2022 DELTA program is now open! The deadline is June 30, but slots fill up quickly so don’t delay.
- Cost: $750 for the entire two weeks, including housing, food, materials, and excursions. Scholarships are available for those who qualify.
For questions, contact us: email@example.com