The 2021 DELTA program will be held virtually from July 19 – July 30. Registration is now open!
The Drexel Summer Drexel Engineering Leadership Transformation Academy (DELTA) program is a two-week residential program for approximately 30 incoming engineering students. Invitations are sent to students from underrepresented groups in STEM: women, African Americans, American Indians/Alaska Natives, and Latinos.
Through basic math and science, engineering design, personal and professional development, and social activities, DELTA students start their freshmen year with a knowledge of Drexel, Philadelphia, and more of what to expect from the coming year. Perhaps more importantly, they have a group of friends (both incoming and upper-class students) right from the start.
DELTA alumni remain very connected to their cohort throughout their time at Drexel. They are always eager to volunteer as peer mentors to help the newest incoming group because they know the value of the program.
Faculty director Dr. Jennifer Atchison describes the DELTA experience.
Students in the DELTA program designed and built solar cars.
- Greater academic preparation for first year at Drexel
- A community of fellow students (both first-year and upperclass) and faculty members who will help guide participants through current and future endeavors
- Early exploration of Philadelphia and a familiarity with Drexel’s campus
- A fun and engaging experience!
Registration for the 2021 DELTA program is now open!
- Schedule: Monday, July 19 – Friday July 30, with programming from 9:30 – 2:30 EDT plus additional sessions in the late afternoons, evenings and weekend of July 24 and 25.
Cost: $250 for the entire two weeks, including materials that will be sent to participants. Scholarships available for those who qualify.
Deadline: Registration will close on June 15, or when the 30 slots are filled, whichever comes first.
Get started here. Once you complete the registration form, we will send a link so that you can pay by credit card and secure your spot.
For questions, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org