Degrees / Education
- Ph D, Physics and Mathematics, Kiev State University
- MS, Electrical Engineering, Kiev Polytechnic University
Underwater Acoustics, Nondestructive Evaluation, Piezoelectric Transducers and Arrays, Biomedical Engineering, Electronic Instrumentation, Engineering Education
Areas of Study
- 2016 – Fellow of the American Society for Nondestructive Testing
- 2015 - 2017 Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Engineering Technology
- 2013-2014 – NSF Panel. Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP). Division of Graduate Education
- 9/2013 – Invited presentation. Piezoelectric Stun Projectile. International Conference on Innovative Technologies, Budapest, Hungary
- 6/2013 – 6/2015. Chair of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology Department Heads Association
- 9/2010 – Present. Member of the Scientific Committee of the International Conference on Innovative Technologies
- 3/2011 – Invited lecture: Response-Contingent Auditory and Visual Therapy Device for Children with Hemiplegia. Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and Tel Aviv Universities
- 2/2011 – Conference for Industry and Education Collaboration. Best Session Award: Faculty Scholarship, Research, and Development in Engineering Technology
- 03/2008 - NSF Panel. CCLI Phase 2. Division of Undergraduate Education.
- Vladimir Genis, Siddharth Vyas, and Ardy Wong. Integration of the Remote Ultrasound Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) Procedures into Engineering Programs. Accepted for publication and presentation at the 12th European Conference on nondestructive testing (12th ECNDT), June 2018
- Naum Khutoryansky and Vladimir Genis. Exact Time Domain Solutions of 1-D Transient Dynamic Piezoelectric Problems with Nonlinear Damper Boundary Conditions. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics, Vol. 5, pp. 873-888, April 2017
- Siddharth Vyas, Vladimir Genis, and Gary Friedman. Computational Study of a Magnetic Design to Improve the Diagnosis of Malaria: 2D Model. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 423, pp. 301 – 305, September 2016
- Vladimir Genis and Lunal Khuon. A Biomedical Engineering Technology Concentration in an Engineering Technology Program. Proceedings of the ASEE Conference, June 2016
- Siddharth Vyas, Vladimir Genis, and Gary Friedman. Computational Study of Kinematics of Capture of Magnetic Particles by Stent: 2D Model. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 52, No. 7, pp. 1-4, July 2016
- V. Genis, S. Vyas. E. Carr, and A. Pollock. Quality Control Education - A University Course in Acoustic Emission. Proceedings the ASEE Conference, pp. 1 – 14, 2014
- V. Genis and S. Vyas. Hardware-Based NDE Remote Laboratory Exercises. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference “Application of Contemporary Non-Destructive Testing in Engineering”, Portoroz, Slovenia, pp. 451-457, 2013
- Vladimir Genis and Adrian Pollock. Nondestructive Evaluation Courses for Undergraduate Engineering and Engineering Technology Students. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Acoustic Emission, pp. 1 – 13, 2012
- V. Genis, W. Rosen, M. Mauk, J. Milbrandt, E. Carr, and S. Gupta. Physical Therapy System for Children with Hemiplegia. Proceedings of the World Scientific and Engineering Academy (WSEAS) International Conference on Biomedical Electronics, pp. 138-142, 2011
- V. Genis, D. McEachron, F. Cornelius, and K. Pourrezaei. Transdisciplinary Biomedical Instrumentation Laboratory. Proceedings of the ASEE Conference, pp. 1-11, 2011
- Vladimir Genis, Michael Mauk, Yury Gogotsi, Dhruv Sakalley, James Hagarman, and Holly Birnside. Lean Six Sigma Nanomanufacturing Course for Undergraduate Engineering Technology and Engineering Programs. Journal of Engineering Technology. Vol 27, No. 2, pp. 18-29, 2010
- V. Genis and S. Vyas. Internet-Based Nondestructive Testing Laboratory. Proceedings of the International Conference on Innovative Technologies, pp. 26-29, 2010
- V. Genis and F. Reisman. Preparing a Successful NSF Grant Proposal: A Case Study. Journal of Engineering Technology. Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 8-16, 2010
- Vladimir Genis, Siddharth Vyas, and Jacek Milbrandt V. Traditional and Real-Time Remote NDT Instruction. Materials Evaluation. Vol. 68, No. 2, pp. 128-134, 2010
- Vladimir Genis. A University Course on the Physical Principles of Ultrasound Nondestructive Evaluation. Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, Vol. 28B. American Institute of Physics, New York, 2009, pp. 1998-2005
- Genis and M. Zagorski. Educational ultrasound nondestructive testing laboratory. Journal of Acoustical Society of America. Vol. 124 (3), pp. 1411-1418, 2008
- Vladimir Genis. Physical Principles of Ultrasound Nondestructive Evaluation. Materials Evaluation. Vol. 66, No. 6, pp. 548-553, 2008
- V. Genis, A. Fridman, and A. Gutsol. Environmental Control Plasma Educational Laboratory. In Plasma Assisted Decontamination of Biological and Chemical Agents. Springer, the Netherlands, 2008, pp. 151-158
- V. Genis, T. Midora, R. Bottari, and A. Genis. Nondestructive Testing Course for Engineering Technology Students. Materials Evaluation. Vol. 66, No. 4, pp. 374-379, 2008
- Piezoelectric Stun Projectile. U.S. Patent No.: 7,421,951. Patent awarded, August 5, 2008.
- Piezoelectric Powered Vehicles and Motors. U.S. Patent No.: 7,443,083. Patent awarded, October 28, 2008.
- Piezoelectric Stun Projectile. U.S. Patent No.: 7,506,588. Patent awarded, March 24, 2009.
- Piezoelectric Stun Projectile. U.S. Patent No.: 7,658,151. Patent awarded, February 9, 2010.
- Piezoelectric Powered Vehicles and Motors. U.S. Patent No.: 7,679,271. Patent awarded, March 16, 2010.