- Drexel University, College of Engineering (2013-present) Associate Professor, Engineering Technology
- Drexel University, Goodwin College of Professional Studies (2010-2013) Associate Professor, Engineering Technology
- Allen School of Technology, Trine University (2003-2010) Associate Professor, Engineering Technology
- Western Kentucky University (1999-2003) Assistant Professor, Architectural and Manufacturing Sciences
- Lumbee Enterprises- St. Louis, Missouri (1998-99) Quality Control Engineer
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing- Turkey (1993-95) Quality Assurance Engineer
Degrees / Education
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla
- MS, Engineering Management, University of Missouri-Rolla
- MS, Production Management, Istanbul University; Istanbul, Turkey
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Istanbul Technical University; Istanbul, Turkey
High speed machining with micromachining applications. Machining process optimization and condition monitoring. CNC machine tool calibration. DOE. Neural networks and data mining and Taguchi methods. Student learning enhancement using online simulation tools.
Areas of Study
- Chiou, R., Ertekin, Y., Mauk, M., “Integration of E-Quality Laboratory Modules with Engineering Computer Numerical Control Course,” 2011, ASEE International Conference, Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Kwon, Y., Tseng, B., Ertekin, Y., "Characterization of Closed-Loop Measurement Accuracy in Precision CNC Milling," Journal of Robotics & Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 2006, 22. No. 4, pp. 288-296
- Kwon, Y., Ertekin, Y. Tseng, B., "In-Process & Post-Process Quantification of Machining Accuracy in Circular CNC Milling," Journal of Machining Science and Technology, 9(1), 2005, pp.27-38.
- Tseng, B., Kwon, Y. & Ertekin, Y., "Feature-based rule induction in machining operation using rough set theory quality assurance," Journal of Robotics & Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 21, 2005, pp.559-567.
- Kwon, Y., Ertekin, Y., Tseng, B.: “Characterization of tool wear measurement with relation to the surface roughness in turning,” Journal of Machining Science and Technology, 8 (1), 2004, pp.39-51.
- Ertekin, Y., Kwon, Y., Tseng, B: “Identification of Common Sensory Features for the Control of CNC Milling Operations under Varying Cutting Conditions,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 43 (9), 2003, pp.897-904.
- Ertekin, Y., Okafor, A. C.: “Derivation of Machine Tool Error Models and Error Compensation Procedure for 3 axes Vertical Machining Center Using Rigid Body Kinematics,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 40 (8), pp.1199-1213, 2000. Presented at the ASPE 13th Annual Meeting, St. Louis, MO, October 25-30, 1998.