Dr. Anup Das is an Assistant Professor at Drexel University. He received a Ph.D. in Embedded Systems from National University of Singapore in 2014. He received the Singapore President Fellowship for excellence in research and studies. Following his Ph.D., he was a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Southampton, UK and afterwards a researcher at IMEC, Netherlands, leading key projects related to neuromorphic computing. He received the NSF/DARPA real-time machine learning (RTML) award in 2019 for developing operating systems like framework for neuromorphic hardware. He is a recipient of the NSF CAREER award in 2020 and the DOE CAREER award in 2021 to address the security and dependability aspects of neuromorphic computing both from software and hardware perspective. He is a senior member of the IEEE.
Degrees / Education
- PhD, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2014
- BE, Jadavpur University, India, 2004
Neuromorphic computing, spiking neural networks, computer architecture, dataflow architecture, embedded systems
Areas of Study
- 2020 National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development Program (NSF CAREER)
- Singapore President Fellowship, 2013
- Singapore Research Fellowship, 2011
- Shihao Song, M. Lakshmi Varshika, Anup Das, and Nagarajan Kandasamy, “A Design Flow for Mapping Spiking NeuralNetworks to Many-Core Neuromorphic Hardware”, Proc. 40th ACM International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD), 2021.
- Shihao Song, Harry Chong, Adarsha Balaaji, Anup Das, James Shackleford, and Nagarajan Kandasamy, “DFSynthesizer: Dataflow-based Synthesis of Spiking Neural Networks to Neuromorphic Hardware”, ACM Transactions on Embedded Systems (TECS), 2021.
- Shihao Song, Jui Hanamshet, Adarsha Balaji, Anup Das, Jeffrey Krichmar, Nikil Dutt, Nagarajan Kandasamy, and Francky Catthoor , "Dynamic Reliability Management in Neuromorphic Computing", ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems (JETC), 2021
- Twisha Titirsha, Shihao Song, Anup Das, Jeffrey Krichmar, Nikil Dutt, Nagarajan Kandasamy, and Francky Catthoor , "Endurance-Aware Mapping of Spiking Neural Networks to Neuromorphic Hardware", IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2021
- Shihao Song, Twisha Titirsha, and Anup Das, "Improving Inference Lifetime of Neuromorphic Systems via Intelligent Synapse Mapping", Proc. 32nd IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors (ASAP), 2021
Best Paper Honorable Mention Award
- Shihao Song, Anup Das, and Nagarajan Kandasamy, "Improving Dependability of Neuromorphic Computing With Non-Volatile Memory,'' Proc. 16th IEEE European Dependable Computing Conf. (EDCC), 2020.
- Adarsha Balaji, Anup Das, Yuefeng Wu, Khanh Huynh, Francesco Dell'Anna, Giacomo Indiveri, Jeffrey L. Krichmar, Nikil D. Dutt, Siebren Schaafsma, and Francky Catthoor , "Mapping Spiking Neural Networks to Neuromorphic Hardware", IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems (TVLSI), 2020