Health Management and Policy Department
The Department of Health Management and Policy prepares the next generation of public health practitioners and leaders to take on management and policy roles that will improve population health and health care delivery at the local and national levels.
Students are prepared to plan, implement, evaluate and operate effective, community-responsive programs, and organizations that can bring about positive change. Recognizing that almost all policy impacts health, faculty train students to develop skills in management, organization, finance, advocacy, political action, research, and public policy analysis.
- Coursework and practicum experiences prepare students to understand unique urban health policy challenges and develop community responsive programs at the local and national level.
- Our faculty conduct groundbreaking research in a wide range of areas, including those of our major research centers and programs: the Center for Nonviolence and Social Justice, Center for Population Health and Community Impact, Center for Public Health Practice, and Center for Hunger-Free Communities.
- Our graduates enjoy careers that allow them to inform policy and make a difference through important initiatives, whether they choose to work in government, the corporate world, academia, or community-based organizations.
What Is Health Management and Policy?
Health Management and Policy explores the relationship between health care systems and public health and how their integration and mutual dependence shape the health of populations.
Core areas of study in health management and health policy include:
- Health care organization and systems
- Research and evaluation
- Health economics and finance
- Leadership and strategic management
Together the tools of management and policymaking can make positive change by advancing population health, improving healthcare delivery, and reducing health disparities at the local, state, and national levels.
To learn more about our public health policy and management degrees, request more information to speak with a member of our admissions team today or visit the links below for a full list of available opportunities.
Health Management and Policy Degrees and Courses
Health Management and Policy Master's and Doctoral Programs
Health Management and Policy Graduate Minors
View all Health Management and Policy Graduate Courses in the Drexel Catalog.
Health Management and Policy Graduate Certificates
Undergraduate Health Management and Policy Minors
Featured Research in Health Management and Policy
Lead author on this research was Alina Schnake-Mahl, ScD, MPH, assistant professor in the Health Management and Policy department and the Urban Health Collaborative.
More Research News