Dornsife's PhD in Health Services Research and Policy Students
Rosie Mae Henson, MPH
Degrees: MPH from Drexel University's Dornsife School of Public Health.
Rosie Mae's Focus: Rosie Mae Henson is interested in mixed-method approaches to policy implementation and dissemination research, particularly related to policies and systems that address health disparities.
- Social, economic, and environmental policies and systems that impact health equity
- How to communicate and disseminate research to inform decision-making and policy development around health disparities
- Identifying barriers and facilitators to implementation of evidence-based policies to advance health equity
Alexandra C. Rivera-González, MPH
Degrees: BSc in Human Biology at the University of Puerto Rico. MPH in Public Health at the University of Puerto Rico.
Ali's Focus: As a fluently bilingual health professional, Ali's goal is to absorb all that she learns and translate it into a sustainable approach that helps improve the quality of health services in Latino communities. Ali has worked as a research coordinator at Mount Sinai Hospital, focusing mainly on WTC workers, mental health (PTSD, depression, and anxiety), and chronic conditions (asthma, COPD, hypertension and diabetes). She is currently working on a Hurricane Maria project assessing mental health and governmental response in Puerto-Rico post-disaster.
- Latino health
- Mental health
- Post-disaster mental health
- Chronic health conditions
Learn more about the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Health Services Research and Policy and the unique research opportunities available.