Public Health Programs at Drexel Dornsife
The Dornsife School of Public Health at Drexel University—the #1 school of public health in Philadelphia—is a leader and innovator in providing an exemplary education to current and future public health leaders, practitioners, scientists, and scholars.
Our School's mission is to provide education, conduct research, and partner with communities and organizations to improve the health of populations, with a particular emphasis on urban health.
Degrees and Certificates
Explore bachelors, master's, doctoral, and certificate programs in all areas of public health at our CEPH-accredited school.
Degrees and Certificates
Dornsife's four departments are Community Health and Prevention, Environmental and Occupational Health, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and Health Management and Policy.
Our 80+ faculty members view health as a human right and are committed to improving health in cities, eliminating health disparities, and promoting health in all policies.
Learn more about what students study in each class for all undergraduate and graduate public health programs.
Drexel offers student resources, career resources, and research & electronic resources, among many others.
Dornsife has a number of online public health master's programs and graduate certificate options.
Dornsife's high-quality undergraduate programs, master's and doctoral programs, and dual-degree programs provide solid training in core public health competencies and aim to:
- Link knowledge and public health research to problem-solving, practice, and policy
- Emphasize the core values of health as a human right and health equity
- Understand and improve urban health through engagement locally and globally
- Provide state-of-the-art training in relevant theory, methods, and practical skills (including leadership, civic engagement, and science-based advocacy)
- Flexibly respond to current population health needs and an evolving public health landscape
Drexel Dornsife's learning opportunities include online master's and certificates programs, continuing education, and summer institutes.
“Public health is colorful, flexible, and promotes autonomy and agency. I am able to work independently and collaboratively to design and implement research that is useful, sustainable, multi-faceted, and effective in addressing the role of racial and ethnic disparities in health and education.”
- Kofoworola D. A. Williams, PhD, MPH, Assistant Professor in the Department of Community Health and Prevention and a Dornsife alum
Read about the impact and insights of our students & alumni on the Dornsife Life blog.
The Dornsife Difference
Public health degree and certificate programs
Targeted research centers and initiatives
Are you ready to work towards a better, safer, and healthier world with a career in public health?
Enhance your career and open yourself to opportunities with Drexel Dornsife.