About the Camp
The Drexel University Digital Development Camp is a two-week virtual program that will give aspiring developers the opportunity to learn about full stack development. The camp will be led by College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) faculty and student leaders and will include daily lessons, guest speakers and individual/group work time. In association with the CCI Women in Tech Initiative, the camp is open to rising women high school juniors, seniors and accepted CCI women students. Limited scholarships are available.
The theme of the camp will be full-stack web development, which covers both the front-end user experience and the back-end server that processes and stores the data received from the user.
Campers will explore web design from the designers, implementers and users point of view leaving them with a better understanding of how the web works, what makes a good web application and issues associated with the way we interact with the internet.
Lab exercises are hands on and exploratory, allowing campers to discover new ways to look at familiar systems to better understand how they are designed and used. The camp will also expose students to different computing majors and careers.
- Two-week program, includes six-live in class sessions and 24/7 access to a dedicated Blackboard Ultra Classroom site.
- Beginner friendly, no experience needed.
- Maximum of five students per instructor, blending personalized learning and time to socialize with new friends.
- A balanced schedule including live instruction, peer collaboration and self-paced project development per day.
- Campers will be grouped into teams, while having access to the own breakout room and student instructor.
- Learn more about CCI and Drexel University during special informational sessions for attendees and guardians.
$300 (a limited number of scholarships are available)
Registration for Summer 2020 is now closed.
- Mac, Chromebook or Windows PC with a stable internet connection. For those without a stable internet connection, the FCC offers a list of low-cost internet providers as an option for affordable internet. Note: Drexel CCI does not provide internet connectivity or endorse any particular internet service provider.
- Webcam and microphone.
- A quiet space where campers can work without much distraction.
Camp Timeline and Important Dates
- Wednesday, July 15, 2020 – Registration Closes
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020 – Parent/Camper Orientation Session
- Monday, August 3, 2020 – Camp Begins
- Friday, August 14, 2020 – Camp Ends
For additional information, please email us at CCISummerPrograms@drexel.edu.