MS in Information Webinar: "Online Collaboration and Other Dangerous Feats"
Thursday, March 5, 2020
12:00 PM-1:00 PM
Drexel University's College of Computing & Informatics presents its fifth event in its new monthly MS in Information Webinar Series:
"Online Collaboration and Other Dangerous Feats"
Participation in online spaces promises new forms of productivity, civic discourse, and interpersonal connection. But in an online world where people regularly encounter harassment and disinformation, participation can be difficult and even dangerous for some. In this short talk, we'll explore the online world as an uneven playing field where some feel safe while others feel excluded and talk about the ways that human-computer interaction (HCI) and/or user experience (UX) might be able to help. This webinar is presented by Associate Professor and Director of the MS in Information Program, Andrea Forte, PhD
This online event is free and open to all.
Participants will receive login information for the Zoom meeting upon registration.
This session will be recorded and available for later viewing on Drexel CCI's YouTube channel
About the Webinar Series:
- December 5, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Alex Poole, PhD on “Seeking Social Justice in the Archives” - Learn more at drexelcci.info/msi125
- December 18, 2019 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Jina Huh-Yoo, PhD “Using Emerging Technology to Support Health” - Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi1218
- January 15, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Tim Gorichanaz, PhD on "Art as Information" Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi115
- April 22, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Denise Agosto, PhD on “The Drexel Capstone Experience: Bringing Library & Information Science Education into Real-World Settings” - Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi422
- May 13, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Xia Lin, PhD on "Information Seeking and Knowledge Space” - Learn more and register at drexelcci.info/msi513
About Drexel CCI's MS in Information Degree Program:
Drexel’s MS in Information (MSI) program is a professional masters of information management degree that prepares students to be leaders in the information profession who can lead, collaborate and innovate data-driven solutions to advance society and the economy. Students in the program are trained for a range of information and data-oriented careers at the intersection of people, information and technology. Learn more at drexelcci.info/msi