Dr. Yan’s research interests lie in network science, informetrics, and scholarly data analysis, in the area of using scholarly networks to study scholarly communication, with a focus on its methods (e.g., ranking, clustering, topic modeling, and path finding) as well as its applications (e.g., evaluating research impact, studying scientific collaboration, addressing issues related to disciplinarity and interdisciplinarity, and exploring knowledge flow and transfer patterns).
- Library & Information Science
- Informatics & Data Science
Network science, information analysis and retrieval, scholarly communication methods and applications
- PhD, Information Science, Indiana University Bloomington
- Master of Information Science, Indiana University Bloomington
- Bachelor of Science, Nanjing University