Dr. Ke's research is centered on information retrieval (IR), particularly the investigation of intelligent systems that support better connection and interaction between people and information. His recent focus is on decentralized IR functions that can adapt and scale in continuously growing and increasingly interconnected information spaces. His broad interests also include complex networks/systems, text mining, information visualization, bibliometrics, machine learning, multi-agent systems, and the notion of information. Dr. Ke's major teaching interests include IR, databases, data mining, software/web development, and complex systems.
- Systems & Software Engineering
- Informatics & Data Science
Information retrieval (IR), distributed systems, intelligent filtering/recommendation, information visualization, network science, complex systems, machine learning, text/data mining, multi-agent systems
- PhD, Information Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MA, Information Science, Indiana University Bloomington
- BE, Chemical Engineering, East China University of Science & Technology