Capabilities and Expectations
Suppliers are required to adhere to the University's purchasing requirements and must meet the following capabilities to participate in the procurement process.
- Customer Service representation with a current business email address and phone number assigned to the Drexel account.
- A company website.
- Accept and follow Drexel's Purchase Order Terms and Conditions.
- Submit transaction-specific invoices upon accepting purchase orders.
- Understand formal competitive bidding process and protocols.
- Maintain business insurance that meets or exceeds Drexel's requirements.
- A warehouse to stock most commonly ordered products (if applicable).
- Effective management of next-day desktop deliveries to all Drexel campuses and locations.
- Maintain sustainable up-to-date technology that is compatible to the University's procurement technology.
- Timely processing of online orders and invoice submissions.
- Develop and manage electronic product catalog content in support of an electronic supplier marketplace.
- Accept credit card and ACH payments.
Qualified businesses must share our commitment to deliver the highest level of client service and support, user-friendly and efficient processes, and timely delivery of quality products and services.
Procurement Services expects suppliers to provide the following:
- Drive: Serve the highest standards of performance and responsiveness.
- Reach: Provide the appropriate scale, capacity and reach.
- Excellence: Deliver excellent product and services.
- X-Factor: Possess a unique trait or skill, known as an X-Factor, which establishes the business as a customer-focused enterprise.
- Education: Highly versed and educated in respective business functions.
- Lasting: Maintain lasting and sustainable products and services.