Drexel University Procurement Code of Ethics
The following is a list of standards that are applicable to all persons who purchase goods and services, or are involved in the purchasing process on behalf of Drexel University:
- Avoid any unethical and/or compromising business practices, transactions, or other activities, including those which give rise to the appearance of impropriety.
- Prioritize Drexel University objectives while operating within the authority granted and applicable University policy.
- Conduct business activities in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and agreements.
- Avoid any activity, private or professional, that could create a conflict between personal interests and the interests of Drexel University.
- Never solicit or accept any gifts, gratuities, discounts, loans, or benefits that influence or have the perception of influencing any procurement and/or purchasing decisions.
- Encourage fair, legal, ethical and positive working relationships with and between all involved parties.
- Evaluate qualified suppliers for Drexel University business opportunities while giving due consideration to social responsibility and sustainability.
- Handle all confidential and proprietary information securely and with care.
- Provide timely and professional responses to all inquiries within the purview of any workload constraints.
- Collaborate with various associations as well as governmental and private agencies to promote and establish sound business practices.
- Secure documented consent from originator of proprietary ideas and designs prior to their use.
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of all resources in an effort to further the goals and objectives of Drexel University.
We, the undersigned, commit to the above Drexel tenets:
Julie Ann Jones
Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer
Accounts Payable and Procurement Services Teams